Bulyanhulu Gold Mine is seeking to recruit Mine Control Superintendent to join our team. The successful candidate for this position is expected to align to the Barrick DNA and drive a change within his team and the business and on a practical note will ensure activities are effectively planned and undertaken in a safe and cost effective manner to achieve targets in accordance to BGML Mining Safety Standards, Policies and Procedures.
Reporting to : Technical Services Manager
Work Schedule: Forty-Two (42) Days On / Twenty-One (21) Days Off
- Maintain records of mining operations
- Monitor movements of underground equipment
- Coordinate activities and instruct personnel during mine emergencies
- Initiate emergency response procedures
- Monitor operations by using Newtrax Systems
- Acknowledge and report faults within processes
- Data entry into PowerBi
- Monitor personnel movement underground via Newtrax tracking system
- Contribute to the supplies and logistics process from the stores to underground
- Assist in the growth of the Sandvik Automation reporting system
- Strong SCADA control knowledge
- Underground data analytics
- Long term planning for Automation level infrastructure
- Report to the mobile fleet maintenance foreman on all planned and unplanned work regarding the automation system.
- Electronic and computer science Degree
- Newtrax training
- SCADA control Systems
- PowerBi Reporting systems
- SQL Data base knowledge favored
- Sandvik System Specialist Highly favored
- 3 years operational experience in Underground Mining, development experience desirable
- Successfully completed Control Room Operator specific training
- Sandvik Automation Specialist, exposure to MCS systems, Optimine, and Lite Specialist.
- Working knowledge and exposure to Newtraxs
- Exposure to industry best preventative maintenance regimes is imperative to ensure machinery and equipment and other assets are maintained to high level of availability, and in accordance with company policies at all times.
- The ability to prioritize repairs and take instruction in order to reduce downtime and delays is foremost in maximizing machine availability and operator utilization.
- High level understanding of Network and Instrumentation planning and execution.
- The ability to comprehend OEM manuals, diagrams and drawings is essential in performance of this role.
- Proven experience managing and training a team of maintenance personnel to high standards.
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to work and priorities in a high-pressure environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as a team leader
- Strong knowledge of risk management and problem-solving techniques
- Detailed knowledge of statutory WHSMS requirements
- Extensive understanding of Underground Mining operations
- Ability to provide quality verbal communication and written reports
- Intermediate level of computer literacy
- Extensive knowledge in Newtrax operations
- Ability to work with Cisco WIFI networks
- Develop and lead a team
- Perform planned maintenance work tasks
- Previous experience in installation and implementation of automation program packages with data collection and tracking capability.
- Knowledge of dealing with culturally diverse groups and skilled in utilizing appropriate means to communicate effectively
- Knowledge of mentoring employees from diverse backgrounds
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses, benefits, and where applicable.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s, careful read application guidelines
- Rename your CV in this format CV - YOUR FULL NAME
- Indicating the role title “MINE CONTROL SUPERINTENDENT” in the subject of your email
- Send your application via e-mail to: [email protected]
If you are not contacted by Barrick - Bulyanhulu Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
Please forward applications before 10 th February 2021
BEWARE OF CONMEN! BGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Compliance Hotline, by calling +1-877-246-5399 or through www.barrickgold.ethispoint.com