Humble beginnings fuelled by burgeoning aspirations led to the inception of Barrick Group’s first commercial venture in 2003 – a general trading company solely specialising in food and consumable products for the UAE and African markets.
A move that set the prologue to the Group’s success story. As the Middle Eastern and African markets continued underlining their presence on the global map, our business continued growing in parallel. Our traded volumes in 2014 alone were approx. 6600 containers of perishable and non-perishable items to our vast network of traders, partners and clients across the region.
Today, Barrick Group is further enriched through diversity, as our commercial ventures now encompass F&B, Retail and HORECA Brand Management & Distribution, Food Commodities Trading, Consulting, and Light Manufacturing. While the GCC remains our niche, our scale of operations have also expanded to cover our home base in Canada.
From start-up to now, our journey has crossed numerous milestones, including becoming financially self-sufficient. This sustainability has enabled us to grow without any financial liabilities, a remarkable accomplishment in today’s times.
Barrick Group in Tanzania is looking for experienced professionals in the following discipline to join our dynamic group so as to launch our operations in which our offices will be opened in Dar es salaam, Mwanza, Arusha and Dodoma, also we have built factories which are in final stage located at kibaha, Pwani region which will be responsible for manufacturing of various products for local and international market across East Africa.
LOGISTIC OFFICER (4 POST)
Reports to Transport Manager
The Logistics officer will be responsible for receiving and unpacking parcels, completing relevant documentation, and dispatching stock. You should also record and report breakages, major spills, and contaminations to the Warehouse Manager.
To ensure success as a Logistics officer, you should pay close attention to the movement of stock to avoid losses. Ultimately, a top-notch Logistics Assistant will be able to memorize vast amounts of information for later use.
- Receiving and checking deliveries to ensure that the correct amount and type of stock is delivered.
- Signing delivery notes upon receipt of shipments.
- Heeding notes about appropriate procedures for handling stock, particularly when fragile.
- Unpacking items and arranging these on shelves, if needed.
- Preparing our clients’ orders by gathering and loading stock.
- Ensuring that the facility remains clean, sanitary, and well-organized.
- Reporting all breakages and spills.
- Offering assistance to other staff in the department during lulls in your day.
- Diploma or Bachelor Degree on transportation or related field
- Prior experience as a Logistics officer at a large warehouse will be added advantage
- Sound knowledge of shipping processes and metrics.
- Ability to handle and maneuver fragile stock with ease.
- Strong communication, memorization, and teamwork skills.
- Outstanding organizational and investigative abilities.
- Capacity to perform your duties diligently, particularly during stressful periods.
Salary: Competitive package will be offered for qualified candidate.
- Barrick group has no recruitment agent, all applications should be sent within 14 days, starting on 23 th March 2021 and deadline for application will be on 5 th April 2021 at 5:30pm
- All applicants should mention the position they are applying on subject space of the email
- All interested and qualified Tanzanian should send their applications letter and curriculum vitae only to our email below; [email protected]
- And all applications should be addressed to