IT Manager (IT)
Jobs at:Abdulrahman Al-Sumait University (SUMAIT University)
Deadline of this Job:
24 November 2020
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, November 09, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
????? ??? ?????? ?????? ??????
JOB OPPORTUNITIES (Only Tanzanians may apply)
The Abdulrahman Al-Sumait University (SUMAIT University) was built on the foundation of the former University College of Education Zanzibar established in 1998 by a charity organization; Kuwait based Direct Aid (AD). In line with this expansion, of SUMAIT University – Zanzibar. The University is also making restructuring of Programs and Faculties in Education and Administration positions to accommodate the business needs.
Therefore, SUMAIT University wishes to invites both applications from suitable Internal and External qualified Individuals to fill the academic and administration vacant posts as follows:- .
Roles & Responsibilities
• To assist with the administration of staff joining, leaving or moving within the University in relation to the creation of user accounts, password creation, email accounts and security access ICT Services, Systems and Infrastructure
• To assist with the installation of new hardware as required for new users or network / systems upgrades
• To assist with the maintenance of the ICT asset register, ensuring all assets are tagged and accurately recorded in the register
• To assist with the creation and maintenance of all documentation relating ICT services and procedures
• To assist with and contribute to the ongoing administration and development of the ICT infrastructure
• To assist with the administration and verification of data backups
• To liaise and work with external suppliers and third parties as per any support and third party agreements to the benefit of the University
• To contribute to team meetings and play an active role in the development of the service delivered by the team
• To comply with, and actively support, all the University policies and procedures, and in particular those relating to the delivery of ICT services and information security
• Any other duties as may be assigned by the University.
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, and Information System or a related field or equivalent experience.
• Master’s Degree can be an added advantage
• A minimum of 5 years of experience working in IT operation for a multinational company of which a minimum of 2 years is in managerial position.
• IT related certification (an added advantage).
• Sound knowledge of up to date digital mobile platforms.
• Strong IT background (Technical & future trends).
• Excellent working knowledge of computer systems, security, network and systems administration.
• Strong critical thinking and decision making skills.
• Firm grasps on IT infrastructure and operations best practice.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Applicants should submit their applications supported by detailed Curriculum Vitae (C.V.), certified copies of their certificates, names and addresses of three non-relative referees who can be contacted for references. Foreign awards should be verified by Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU).
Salary and Remunerations
SUMAIT University offers attractive salary and remunerations according to the University’s Salary Scales.
Dead line 24/11/2020
Hand delivered application should reach to Sumait University, Chukwani Street Zanzibar not later than 3:30hrs on 24th November, 2020. Or you can send your application through Email at: [email protected]
Applications should be addressed to:
P.O. Box 1933, Zanzibar.
Email: [email protected]