Internal Audit- Compliance and Risk Manager
Jobs at:The Tanzania Red Cross Society (TRCS)
Deadline of this Job:
05 September 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, August 30, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
TANZANIA RED CROSS SOCIETY
The Tanzania Red Cross Society (TRCS) is a voluntary humanitarian organization established as an independent National Society (NS) by the Act of Parliament No. 71 of December 1962 and amended by the Parliament of Tanzania in 2019. Tanzania Red Cross Society was recognised and admitted to the membership of the International Federation of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) in 1963. The TRCS Headquarters office is located in Dar es Salaam.
TRCS is now the largest and most dependable national partner in delivering humanitarian services in Tanzania. The TRCS has an active network in all regions of Tanzania Mainland and Zanzibar. Around 40% are women out of more than 35,000 active volunteers. Most importantly, because of its credibility, TRCS receives supports from a broad range of partners, including the IFRC, the ICRC, the American Red Cross, the Spanish Red Cross, the Belgian Red Cross-Flanders, the French Red Cross, the Italian Red Cross, the Chinese Red Cross and the Korean Red Cross. Other partners are ENABEL, UNHCR, UNICEF, WFP, UNFPA, the EU, USAID, CDC, BPRM and
Pathfinder International. Tanzania Red Cross Society is looking for dynamic persons to fill the below vacancies.
INTERNAL AUDIT- COMPLIANCE AND RISK MANAGER (1 POSITION)
Duty Station: TRCS Headquarters, Dar Es Salaam
Reports: The Internal Audit- Compliance and Risk Manager will functionally report to the Finance and Audit Committee (Oversight Committee) and administratively to the Secretary General.
Age Limit: Not above 45 Years.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES FOR INTERNAL AUDIT:
• Plan audits and determine the audit objectives, scope, criteria, methodology to be used as well as staff and budget resources required to ensure that the audit adequately covers the selected area of National Society’s operations, activities, systems, and
• Decide on the applicable audit approach and techniques to facilitate the conduct of the audit and prepare the annual internal audit
• Investigating any appearance or allegation of fraud, embezzlement, and/or misappropriation of funds within TRCS headquarters or branches and issue a special
• Ensures the existence of effective internal controls in the areas of finance, accounting, procurement and recruitment
• Prepares a quarterly internal audit report and attends, as an ex-officio member, the TRCS Finance and Audit Committee meetings, where the report is tabled
• To develop and carry out regular reviews of appropriate procedures manuals for the various areas of operations as necessary
• To formulate and put in place an effective inspection and audit administrative policy guidelines, which will regulate and stream line all audit functions as they relate to cost control, procurement, standard procedures and systems for use within the region
• To liaise with external auditors in the respective regions in the year-end audit and follow up on the implementation of their
• To assist in developing and managing an effective Inspection and Audit functions that is motivated and well-trained staff for the effective performance of the audit team at TRCS
• To undertake regular spot audit, check and inspections of sensitive areas and investigate general or specific irregularities and to follow up promptly to ensure that corrective actions recommended by the external auditors are implemented and that the interest of the National Society is not compromised through any irregularities that may lead to financial
• Scrutinizes all working advance returns from Headquarters staff and branches for all TRCS projects, and petty cash payments to ensure adherence to TRCS finance
• Schedule regular meetings with management to communicate internal audit findings and explore suitable solutions to any data errors, unaccountable transactions, faulty or inefficient processes
• Tests and documents the existence of effective internal controls in the areas of accounting, procurement, administration and recruitment
• Specifying internal checks including pre-audit checks, adherence to policies procedures and compliance with rules, laws and regulations to ensure that payments to contractors/consultants are made in accordance with the stipulated guidelines of the government, donor agencies and Red Cross
• Support and advise the senior management in preparation of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in critical areas like meeting financial obligations under the system of working advance to staff and
• In collaboration with Secretary General Office to ensures that organization Code of Conducts are in place and adhered by both Governance (Board), all TRCS Staff and
• In collaboration with Procurement/ Logistics unit and Regional Offices to ensure that there are all aspects of compliance in the supply chain process and Inventory/Assets
FOR RISK AND COMPLIANCE
• Development and regular update of Risk Management Policies and procedures for the National
• Develop and regularly update a Risk Matrix/Risk Register covering all areas of the National society’s operations, ensuring mitigating actions and processes are in place and responsibilities for particular risks are allocated and
• Implement and update the Control and Risk Self-Assessment (CRSA) program throughout the National
• Conducting internal control evaluation and risk assessment to identify loopholes and areas requiring management intervention to prevent frauds, embezzlements, misappropriations, misuse and wastage and ensuring that objectives of the organization are achieved economically, efficiently and effectively. Identify control gaps and opportunities for s
• Provide appropriate training to TRCS staff in order to raise the awareness of Risk
• To assist the Departments in risk identification, risk evaluation and analysis, risk monitoring and mitigation and risk control functions at their respective business and functional areas
• Excellent communication skills
• Attention to detail
• Interpersonal and facilitation skills
• Problem solving skills
• Negotiation and influencing skills
• Task management ability
• Ability and willingness to think ‘outside the box’
• Able to provide advice and cause/effect evaluation to support business decision making
• Lots of energy and enthusiasm and a self-motivator
• Holder of Master’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, or any other related field from a recognized
• Must possess internationally recognized accounting professional qualifications such as CPA (T), ACCA, CIMA, CISA, or other related
• Must be registered with the National Board of Accountants and Auditors (NBAA) in the category of Associate Certified Public Accountant (ACPA) or Fellow Certified Public Accountant (FCPA).
• At least six (6 years) experience in a relevant field in Public /or Private Sectors of which three years must be at a managerial
• Must have a working knowledge of computerized Accounting and Audit
• Must have a thorough knowledge and experience with the donor-funded
• High level of communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work with people at all
• Ability to supervise, train, and coach staff in relevant
• Self-motivated with integrity and high level of
• Be able to demonstrate comfortability in leading teams and willing to proactively contribute to the team.
• Experience of working in a professional services environment is
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 72
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications and updated CV through online form (Copy the following link and paste it on your browser) forms.gle/488hQZS5ib46AkjX9 clearly fill in the form indicating the role applied for not later than September 5th ,2021. (Only short listed candidates will be notified).
TANZANIA REDCROSS SOCIETY VOLUNTEERS AND MEMBERS ARE HIGHLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
Tanzania Red Cross Society (TRCS) does not CHARGE A FEE at any stage of the recruitment process also we use our official email with extension of @trcs.or.tznot Gmail, yahoo any other email.
All applications are free for all candidates and no one should give any payment or compensation during the recruitment process. Should the candidate be asked for any fee, he/she must report to TRCS – HR Department through Organizational Official Email: [email protected] .
Apply at: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfOoNFpS6-Eq-wBPhdn-oZ6udS8GJW3BTvw84E3E2FYIeOk8w/viewform