UONGOZI Institute was established in 2010 by the Government of Tanzania to inspire and equip Tanzanian and African leaders to deliver inclusive and sustainable solutions. This is done through the provision of high-quality executive education, facilitation of policy dialogues, actionoriented research and technical assistance for public and private institutions.
The Information and Communications Technology (ICT) Unit plays a vital role in supporting the implementation of the Institute’s Strategic Plan. Under the overall guidance of the
Management Information Systems Officer, the
ICT Intern will provide daily technical support to end-users on information management tools and technology infrastructure.
Why join UONGOZI Institute?
The successful candidate will support in providing effective ICT solutions as well as maintenance of hardware, software and other ICT systems. The ICT Intern will:
- Respond to users’ requests for service, troubleshooting and assist to develop solutions.
- Assist to update antivirus software and repair computers infected with spyware, adware and/or viruses.
- Support PC hardware components, desktop operating system software, and application software.
- Assist to monitor backup systems and procedures for data security.
- Assist to maintain inventory records and documentation for ICT equipment.
- Assist users to determine appropriate software solutions to meet needs.
- Provide backup technical support for network, including router, firewall, and wireless access point.
Duration and Work Schedule
The selected Intern will be provided with a threemonth contract with the possibility of extension under certain conditions. Some assignments will involve travelling.
Who are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or any other ICT-related field.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Knowledge of software development. Knowledge of Web-based 2.0 and above is a plus.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, both in English and Swahili.
- Volunteering experience is preferred, although not required.
How to Apply
Join our ICT Unit by submitting an application via [email protected] with the subject line " ICT Intern " by September 18, 2021, at 05:00 PM (EAT) . The application should include a motivation letter and Curriculum Vitae (CV) with contact details of three referees.
UONGOZI Institute is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.