Nonprofit, and NGO
Admin & Office
United Nations Children's Fund.
Deadline of this Job:
29 October 2021
Friday, October 15, 2021
, Base Salary:
The Innovation Officer, with a portfolio including adolescent participation, will work with the innovation unit in UNICEF Tanzania providing cross-sectoral support to implement the innovation strategy in line with the 2016-2021 country programme. The Innovation Officer will report to the Knowledge Management Specialist, P3. S/He will support innovative digital platforms including U-Report, RapidPro, Internet of Good Things and others and also proactively seek out new ways for meaningful adolescent participation in Tanzania.
Summary Of Key Functions/accountabilities
• Support to programme development, planning and implementation
• Coordinate various activities for the implementation of the country office innovation strategy with a special focus on the online and offline meaningful participation of adolescents.
• Support work planning, bimonthly, annual reports and monitoring of results for the T4D initiatives and other innovative initiatives in the country.
• Prepare required programme documentations, reports, materials and data to facilitate programme review and approval processes.
• Support country office with the scale of innovative initiatives (RapidPro, U-Report, etc) including providing sectoral support to leverage innovation and T4D for meaningful participation of adolescent boys and girls.
• Collaboratively work with colleagues and partners to identify implementation issues, provide solutions, recommendations to alert officials and stakeholders of higher-level interventions or decisions.
• Provide support towards RFP, TA and contracting processes and coordinate with external suppliers for T4D and innovation projects
• Knowledge management
• Continuously scan, curate and share best and cutting-edge innovative approaches for identifying and responding to emerging youth and adolescent issues more effectively.
• Contribute to and ensure that innovations knowledge base is up to date including research, analysis documents, and reports.
• Provide support to sections to develop mechanisms to effectively moderate existing or new forums for adolescents to ensure their meaningful participation.
• Manage content and user activity on various forums for adolescents including recommending, planning and implementing an effective mechanism for outreach to users by various sections.
• Support the documentation of learnings from innovative programming and pilots for the country programme by identifying, capturing, synthesizing and sharing lessons learned
• Capacity building and training
• Prepare one-pagers and presentation materials for various tools including RapidPro, T4D platforms and innovative programmes for orientation of staff and partners including government.
• Facilitate workshops together with UNICEF programs and partners, introducing RapidPro and developing real-time monitoring solutions.
• Networking and partnership building
• Support in building partnerships with government, national stakeholders, and private sector to facilitate scale and sustain results from innovation and T4D initiatives.
• Proactively research information on potential donors and contribute to the preparation of resource mobilization and fundraising efforts.
• Draft communication materials for country office programme advocacy to promote awareness and utilization of various innovative platforms for meaningful participation of adolescent boys and girls
• A university degree in Information System Management, Computer Science, International Affairs, International Relations, International Development, Business Management, or related practical experience
• Minimum two years’ experience managing, designing and implementing solutions for large-scale innovation/T4D projects, including supervising engineers and software developers contractors, responsibility for budgets, contracts and procurement, etc.
• Experience with technology-related projects in a development context and/or the UN.
• Proven skills in training, management, and strategic thinking.
• Proven ability to conceptualize, plan, and execute ideas as well as transfer knowledge and skills
• Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language is an asset
MI and Reporting Analyst (1 Position(s)) Job Title: MI and Reporting Analyst (1 Position(s)) Job Purpose: To provide competent and reliable support on ensuring proper planning, monitoring and implementation…
Overview Job Category: Administrative Job Type: Full-Time Deadline of this Job: 14 October 2021 Duty Station: Dar es Salaam Posted: 02-10-2021 Requirements Job Description Vacancy title: Technical Support Officer (RCP…
Overview Job Category: Consultant/ Contractual Job Type: Full-Time Deadline of this Job: 15 November 2021 Duty Station: Dar es Salaam Posted: 01-11-2021 Requirements Job Description Vacancy title: International Consultant…
Kinondoni, Mikocheni Dar Es Salaam Details Description Tanzania Education Network /Mtandao wa Elimu Tanzania (TEN/MET) is a national education network that works in education sector and have over 140 members…
Unguja Kusini Zanzibar Details Description Food Hunger is seeking to recruit an experienced and energetic Tanzanian National for the following position: The main responsibilities of the Project Coordinator are: Lead…