Information Management and Technology Officer
Jobs at:International Organization for Migration
Deadline of this Job:
16 August 2022
Within Tanzania , Kasulu , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, August 03, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Under the direct supervision of the Chief of Mission, and technical supervision of the Senior Information and Communications Technology (ICT) Officer (Governance, Strategy and Risk) and in close coordination with Project Managers the Information Management and Technology Officer will coordinate and manage all activities around Information Management and Technology services for the United States Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP) program and the mission in general.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
• Propose, plan, design, implement and maintain an integrated mechanism for data and information management, including various in house and third-party applications across all mission activities to ensure most effective and efficient processes to deliver timely, accurate and reliable information for operational, monitoring and reporting purposes. As applicable, do not duplicate and integrate with corporate and central systems and reporting mechanisms. Ensure all mission ICT operations comply with IOM ICT policies, standards and guidelines.
• Promote and support the implementation of IOM corporate applications in field missions' such as Migrant Management Operational Systems Application (MiMOSA), PRISM and others.
• Establish regular liaison with partners and project managers to support the information management needs. Train and support field work related to survey and assessment; database assistants in the use, maintenance and support of database system and related information management tools.
• Manage and maintain network WAN and LAN infrastructure, desktops, and associated equipment.
• Systematically ensure in close coordination with Resource Management that the budget planning is incorporated in project and mission budgets including IT staffing, infrastructure and maintenance needs.
• Train and supervise national IT staff in Dar es Salaam and Sub Office Kigoma.
• Regularly monitor, propose, and implement all necessary modifications in compliance of the information management systems and infrastructure as per IOM IT policies, standards and best practice for high performance, reliability and information security.
• Act as main point of contact for MiMOSA Information requirements and system administration matters.
• Coordinate with Logistic and ensure proper technical specification for purchase of IT related equipment and propose most suitable solutions.
• Plan and supervise the installation, operation and administration of security for the various systems and network components including virus protection and Internet security.
• Provide Backup and Disaster Recovery Plans for mission databases and Email data.
• Organize and administer user support services for all staff in the mission and ensure proper response time in troubleshooting and resolving of all IT related issues.
• Technical troubleshooting and configuration of MIDAS to ensure seamless data exchange between the PoE and the central database.
• On-the-job training on troubleshooting to Immigration ITC staff and IOM ITC staff.
• Support MIDAS technicians with any other technical needs.
• Performs such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics, Statistics, Electrical Engineering, or a related field from an accredited academic institution with five years of relevant professional experience; or
• University degree in the above fields with seven years of relevant professional experience.
• Progressively responsible experience in planning, design, development, implementation and maintenance of computer information systems, or related area.
• Experience configuring and working with Microsoft Internet Information Server (IIS) and SQLServer 2008 and Visual Studio 2010, required.
• Effective problem-solving approach, ability to work in a cross-divisional team and ability to quickly understand IOM business processes;
• Knowledge of Software & Systems Development Life Cycle and experience in managing applications development and/or support teams;
• Extensive knowledge of Windows Active Directory and Messaging Systems;
• Working knowledge of IT Service Management frameworks such as ITIL, COBIT;
• Effective resource management skills and strategic and creative thinking;
• Ability to prioritize tasks and strong organizational skills;
• Ability to develop clear and concise proposals;
• Ability to supervise and direct staff under critical and stressful situations;
• Cisco devices, VPN, VoIP, MS Office, Antivirus Software, and utilities; holder of CCNA and/ora Microsoft Certification a distinct advantage.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To apply follow this link http://www.iom.int/recruitment