Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Officer
Jobs at:CVPeople Tanzania
Deadline of this Job:
27 September 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, September 13, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
At the heart of Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow. The promise of a healthy life. Of a decent livelihood. Of sustainable natural resources that benefit communities. Now more than ever in its 50-year history, Pact is helping millions of people who are poor and marginalized discover and build their own solutions and take ownership over their future.
Pact enables systemic solutions that allow those who are poor and marginalized to earn a dignified living, be healthy, and take part in the benefits that nature provides. Pact accomplishes this by strengthening local capacity, forging effective governance systems, and transforming markets into a force for development.
ACHIEVE is a five-year, USAID-funded global cooperative agreement with the dual objectives of attaining and sustaining HIV epidemic control among at-risk and hard to reach pregnant and breastfeeding (PBF) women, infants, children, and youth, as well as to mitigate the impact of HIV/ AIDS and prevent HIV transmission among these populations; and supporting the transition of prime funding and implementation to capable local partners in order to meet the PEPFAR goal of 70% of funding to local partners.
ACHIEVE is funded by USAID in Tanzania to implement a four-year activity (October 2020 to April 2024) which aims: (1) to improve national- and community-level social welfare systems in order to sustain support for orphans and vulnerable children (OVC) and families affected by HIV and (2) to strengthen the capacity of local organizations to deliver OVC services and (3) to deliver high quality OVC services and DREAMS interventions for AGYW 9-14 years.
The Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Officer reporting to ICT manager will serve as an active member of the ICT team and be responsible for administering hardware and software technical operations for Pact Tanzania staff as well as providing technical support for all Pact Tanzania’s country office and field/cluster offices with all available or projected computer applications and communication systems; maintains and ensures the proper functionality of existing network-based and standalone systems as well as communication and network infrastructure using strategic mechanism within the framework of Pact’s Global IT Policy and standardization. He/she will interact and work closely with Pact’s Global IT specialist and any assigned ICT vendor assigned to Pact Tanzania
• Ensure availability and reliability of the IT infrastructure, applications, and connectivity.
• Provide first line support, advice, and solutions to IT users in relation to application, data, and business process issues, ensuring all issues are resolved in a timely fashion.
• Ensure that system security and organizational compliance, processes, and procedures are in place and properly maintained.
• Perform proactive tasks for IT equipment, infrastructure, and applications maintenance.
• Engage in the maintenance and monitoring of office network system and its infrastructure
• Provide ICT hardware and end user support to users of IT at the Pact Tanzania Dar es Salaam head office as well as field/cluster offices.
• Increase user IT proficiency through the transfer of skills to Pact Tanzania staff.
• Security administration management and licensing.
• Technical Support for software installations migrations and upgrades for all application systems.
• Technical hardware monitoring: Fibre and Cisco Routers, computer hardware, new computer equipment configurations, and computer hardware recovery procedures.
• With the guidance of ICT Manager conduct technical analysis of breakdowns of equipment so as to establish trends and remedial measures.
• Ensure disaster recovery mechanisms are in place in related to communication and network systems
• Designs and if needed implements disaster recovery and carries out preventive maintenance;
• Establish and manage relationships to achieve global and country level IT objectives within the framework of country programs within the designated/assigned areas.
• Advice and make recommendations concerning technological advancements on radio, satellite systems and telephone.
• Address operational systems issues including file and share permissions, user accounts and installing applications.
• ? With the guidance of ICT Manager, provide ICT and communications training in order to improve the level of ICT literacy amongst staff.
• Coordinate and troubleshoot issues related to hardware support
• Monitor and upgrade the telephone systems in the organization
• In coordination with ICT Manager and Safety and Security Unit assess and recommend technologies related to communication equipment and systems
• Develops and maintains any necessary documentation related to the IT systems administration or managements;
• Recommends policies and procedures for staff and visitors access to and use of the systems, and monitors compliance with approved policies and procedures;
• Maintains the inventory of all IT systems related items and plans to replace those below minimum requirement;
• Visits selected impact area for making preventive maintenance and assesses and fixes their problems;
• Diagnoses, troubleshoots and fixes network systems, computers, printers, scanners, etc;
• Provides technical consultancy for all IT procurement related item;
• Support the in the management the qualified identified vendor / service provider for Pact Tanzania.
• Perform any other tasks as assigned by the Administration Manager
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
• Minimum of a University degree in Computer Science or Information Technology or other related fields
• At least 4 years’ experience in a similar role of the NGO sector
• Proven ability and experience in setting up LANs and telecommunications networks.
• Experience of supporting LANs, SQL Server, and email server administration.
• Experience of Microsoft Server administration.
• Experience in managing and implementing information systems and supporting technologies.
• Ability to organize own work and work independently.
• Capability to communicate ideas and technical information to a non-technical audience.
• Promotes high performance by all staff.
• Networks and shares information and best practices.
• Works collaboratively as a team player, listens actively and values contributions
• Proven self-management and personal accountability
• Must be able to demonstrate highly effective communications skills, both written and spoken in both English and Kiswahili
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Apply at: https://cvpeopletanzania.zohorecruit.com/jobs/Careers/594044000004684001/Information-and-Communication-Technology-ICT-Officer?source=CareerSite