Individual Consultant - Private Sector Engagement Specialist
Deadline of this Job:
01 February 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, January 28, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged in order children to save their lives, to defend their right and to help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone and we never give up.
For every child, Love
. The communication, advocacy and partnerships (CAP) section at the Tanzania Country Office (TCO) has been working with the aim of expanding UNICEF’s leadership as a credible and trusted voice for children. It engages with stakeholders including the government, civil society, private sector, and media, to support shifts in public policy, fuel social engagement and increase private and public resources for children. .
Job Responsibilities: Not Specified
Job Skills: Not Specified
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
. • An advanced university degree in international development, communication, public affairs, international relations, political science or other related field
• At least five (5) years of progressively responsible professional experience in external relations, liaison and /or any private sector engagement related activities, preferably in an international organization required.
• The Private Sector Engagement Specialist is a seasoned professional in the field of external relations, private sector engagement and partnership development
• S/he should follow established procedures but is expected to make recommendations on the strategies for engagement and communications products.
• S/he is accountable for quality, substantive input and ability to project a competent and trusted image of UNICEF to partners.
• S/he has a proven experience in advising and engaging corporates on children rights issues
• Familiarity with key private sector stakeholders at the national level, familiarity with UNICEF policy/strategy in the field of corporate social responsibility
• Proven skills in communication, networking, advocacy and negotiation.
• Fluency in English is required with knowledge of another UN language considered as an asset.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Education Experience: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
To apply please click here https://jobs.unicef.org/en-us/job/537674/individual-consultant-private-sector-engagement-specialist