ICT Officer- Network Administrator
Jobs at:Yetu Microfinance Bank Plc
Deadline of this Job:
20 January 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, January 06, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Yetu Microfinance Bank Plc is a fast growing microfinance bank in Tanzania, it operating with three branches and sixteen connected financial service centre. The bank is known for its unique and distinct way of creating a conducive banking environment, where the expectations of our stakeholders, customers and employees can be fulfilled. Yetu Microfinance Bank is recruiting for an experienced, motivated and hands-on to fill the job vacancies below….
ICT Officer- Network Administrator
Position: ICT Officer- Network Administrator
Reporting to: ICT Manager.
Working Place: Head Office, Dar es Salaam
Employment Type: Permanent and Pensionable
Summary of the job
ICT Officer- Network Administrator has overall responsibility for assisting ICT Manager in developing, maintain and monitor network activities in a long run. Must also have operational responsibilities for the Technical services line of business overseeing the performance of network and IT systems at all. .
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Providing technical support related to Network platforms for Voice and Data
• Monitoring performance, capacity, and availability of the network on an ongoing basis and recommend improvements in technologies and practices.
• Collaborating with other staff in the ongoing definition of network design, services and procedures so as to ensure business continuity
• Participating in designing and installation of networks and related accessories and equipment;
• Maintaining and repairing of Network active and passive equipment;
• Troubleshooting all network related problems;
• Undertaking day to day management of LAN, wireless systems, telephone systems (PBAX), leased lines;
• Documenting and communicating network related problems, solutions and the implementation process;
• Assigning network resources and user accounts;
• Performing maintenance activities, systems backups and restore
• Performing any other official duties as may be assigned by immediate supervisor or head of department.
• Implementing security measures and basic testing;
Job Skills: Not Specified
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• B.Sc. in Computer /Information Technology or Diploma in similar field.
• Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) or Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) is a must.
• Experience in Database management software (SQL Server, MySQL, and Oracle)
• Knowledge of ISP/Communication Providers and Virtual Private Networks (VPNs)
• Knowledge of IP addressing and some common networking protocols like IPv4 and IPv6, routing protocol etc.
• Knowledge of the common operating systems such as Linux Microsoft windows.
• Knowledge of various Networking Services such as directories, files, distributed applications, email, HTTP, FTP, DNS and some other common services.
• Knowledge of creation of VLAN and management.
• Good knowledge of developing disaster recovering plan
• At least 3 years of experience in a similar role
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Education Experience: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
How to apply, if you fit the description, please send you application and CV (maximum three pages) to [email protected]
Application will be evaluated on rolling basis until a suitable candidate is hired.