Yetu Microfinance Bank Plc is a fast-growing microfinance bank in Tanzania, it operating with three branches and sixteen connected financial service centre. The bank is known for its unique and distinct way of creating a conducive banking environment, where the expectations of our stakeholders, customers and employees can be fulfilled. Yetu Microfinance Bank Plc is looking for a qualified and self-motivated Tanzanian candidate to fill the vacant position of ICT Officer- Network Administrator
Position: ICT Officer – Network Administrator
Reporting to: ICT Manager.
Working Place: Head Office, Dar es Salaam
Employment Type: Permanent and Pensionable
Summary of the job
ICT Officer- Network Administrator has overall responsibility for assisting ICT Manager in developing, maintain and monitor network activities in a long run. Must also have operational responsibilities for the Technical services line of business overseeing the performance of network and IT systems at all.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Providing technical support related to Network platforms for Voice and Data
- Monitoring performance, capacity, and availability of the network on an ongoing basis and recommend improvements in technologies and practices.
- Collaborating with other staff in the ongoing definition of network design, services, and procedures so as to ensure business continuity
- Participating in designing and installation of networks and related accessories and equipment;
- Maintaining and repairing of Network active and passive equipment;
- Troubleshooting all network-related problems;
- Undertaking day to day management of LAN, wireless systems, telephone systems (PBAX), leased lines;
- Documenting and communicating network related problems, solutions, and the implementation process;
- Assigning network resources and user accounts;
- Performing maintenance activities, systems backups, and restore
- Performing any other official duties as may be assigned by immediate supervisor or head of the department.
- Implementing security measures and basic testing;
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Sc. in Computer /Information Technology or Diploma in a similar field.
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) or Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) is a must.
- Experience in Database management software (SQL Server, MySQL, and Oracle)
- Knowledge of ISP/Communication Providers and Virtual Private Networks (VPNs)
- Knowledge of IP addressing and some common networking protocols like IPv4 and IPv6, routing protocol etc.
- Knowledge of the common operating systems such as Linux Microsoft windows.
- Knowledge of various Networking Services such as directories, files, distributed applications, email, HTTP, FTP, DNS, and some other common services.
- Knowledge of creation of VLAN and management.
- Good knowledge of developing disaster recovering plan
- At least 3 years of experience in a similar role
How to apply
How to apply, if you fit the description, please send your application and CV (maximum three pages) to [email protected]
The application will be evaluated on a rolling basis until a suitable candidate is hired.