Jobs at:SOS Children’s Village
Deadline of this Job:
27 July 2020
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, July 24, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania is a local non-government organization affiliated to SOS Children’s Villages International, a worldwide child care organization that provides orphaned and destitute children with a permanent home and educational opportunities. Established 60 years ago, SOS Children’s Villages International the umbrella organization, currently has Children’s Villages and other projects in 135 countries around the world. Globally, it runs the SOS Children’s Village Programme which has two main arms, i.e. Family Based Care based at SOS Children’s Villages and Family Strengthening Programmes supporting families in local communities.
SOS has been working in the United Republic of Tanzania since 1991, and implements its programs in the following locations Zanzibar, Arusha, Dar es Salaam, Mwanza and Iringa. SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania seeks to recruit suitably qualified candidate to fill the following vacant Position; ICT Coordinator .
• Monitors and manages ICT systems and networks in defined locations.
• Provides helpdesk service to users in defined locations in the region
• Documents ICT configurations and changes in defined locations in the region
• Supervises, organizes, and monitors SLA’s where necessary.
• Monitors and ensures availability of ICT services; internet connection, email etc.
• Ensures compliance with SOS CV International ICT standards
• Enforces and adheres to defined local ICT policies on email, network and internet usage.
• Promote, organize, and supervise the implementation of the continental and international ICT strategies, standards, goals, and guidelines in Tanzania NA
• Give input to planning sessions with national management, taking part in setting ICT targets, directions and developing main activities.
• Takes part in joint planning sessions with National Director. Gearing all strategic targets, resources allocation, budgets, and GSC support are discussed and agreed.
• Define ICT goals for Tanzania, standards and guidelines in organizing and supervising its implementation.
• Give guidance and support to the National Association (NA) in taking actions and development towards reaching the set targets for ICT.
• Provides expertise, consultancy, and controlling to the National Director & Regional ICT Advisor regarding ICT in line with “Vision, Mission, Values”, and approved strategies, budgets and plans of the organization.
• Guide and support ICT budgeting processes, with regards to ICT budgeting, planning, and monitoring.
• Develop and implement the annual ICT plan.
• Follow up of progress of NA towards agreed targets in ICT. In case of deviations suggest and agree with ND on counter-measures for confirmation by the RICTA
• Monitor and evaluate the implementation of policies; ensure that tools and systems are in place and correspond to the current SOS-KDi official policies, standards, and guidelines.
• Organize and monitor technical support for national and projects ICT needs (on request)
• NICT Coordinator gives in-put to the further development of Job Descriptions, Job Profiles and Orientation Programme reference papers (ICT items only); takes active part in the recruitment and selection of national ICT key co-workers and representatives and builds up their capacity.
• Drive and facilitate knowledge sharing processes on ICT topics between Projects and NAs. To assure collection of best practices in ICT and facilitate sharing and implementation on regional and national level.
• Participate in cross-continental knowledge sharing on ICT topics.
• The NICT will be responsible for developing, leading and supporting the network of national co¬workers within the ICT function, supporting knowledge sharing, steering national developments and ensuring capacity building in the ICT field
• The NICT will be responsible in updating and including all matters pertaining the NA website.
Job Skills: Not Specified
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCES:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Technology or related field is required.
• 5-year working experience on technical support of local and remote users.An NGO experience is an added value.
• Ability to do simple repairs of ICT equipment.
• Relevant experience in IT project management.
• Experience supporting LAN, databases, email, and telecommunications systems.
• Experience of Microsoft Server and virtual servers administration.
• Experience in managing and implementing information systems and supporting technologies. Creativity, self-drive &resilience.
• Training and communication skills.
• Strong analytical and project management skills.
• Written and verbal technical fluency in English.
• Able to prioritise work effectively for execution with limited resources.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
To apply for this position, send your application letter by email describing how your experience, qualifications and competencies make you the right candidate for this position. Enclose ONLY detailed and updated CV with telephone contacts, email address and details of at least 3 referees. Only contacted candidates for the interview will submit copies of academic, professional certificates and passport size photo. This advert can be obtained on our website http://www.sos-childrensvillagestanzania.or.tz . Closing date is 27th July 2020.
To apply please send to;
The National Director SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania Dar es Salaam, Tanzania Please Note:
SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania is an equal opportunity employer and committed to keeping children safe from abuse and harm, therefore candidates applying for this post will be subject to child safeguarding recruitment procedures and checks. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.