Head of Creative Arts
Jobs at:Aga Khan Education Service, Tanzania (AKESJ)
Deadline of this Job:
05 February 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Sunday, January 24, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Aga Khan Education Service, Tanzania (AKESJ), is a private, not for profit, service company registered under the Companies Act and operates three schools in Tanzania. The vision of AKESJ is to provide accessible, world-class education, which prepares students to become self-confident, open-minded articulate and ethical young people with academic qualifications to enable them to make productive contributions to their own community and their wider society.
AKES, T is part of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), a group of private development agencies working to improve living conditions and opportunities for people of all faiths and origins in specific regions of the developing world. AKES, T is looking to hire competent staff for the following job vacancies below based in Dar es Salaam.... .
The Head of Creative Arts at AKES, T will be responsible to provides professional and inspirational leadership and management of the entire creative arts provision across the Primary and Secondary schools.
S/he will need to demonstrate the skills and experience necessary to provide educational leadership across all relevant areas working closely with staff across the school.
Have a clear overall strategy for both the development of the creative arts at AKES, T and the participation by pupils of all abilities in creative arts activities for enjoyment and lifelong engagement.
• To play in driving forward the quality of academic provision and helping AKESJ to deliver its promise of providing a world class education.
• Lead in all aspects of the creative arts provision, including music, art and drama across the whole school.
• Oversee the organisation of school creative arts events in liaison with other schools and organisations
• Lead the development of programmes of study for all key stages including selecting the most appropriate public exam courses and producing the subject in GCSE and IB options booklet entries.
Organise, lead and hold activities and events, including trips, to raise the profile of the creative arts within the community
Applicants should have the following qualification and experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Arts from an accredited university .
• At least 3 years’ experience in international curriculum school, including experience in the International Baccalaureate system, and other International education
• Good understanding and experience in curriculum management design, implementation and evaluation.
• Understanding of 21st century education practice, strategies for raising students achievement and effective frame work for school improvement planning and self- evaluation
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Education Experience: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Applicants should send a letter of application describing experience, along with detailed Curriculum Vitae, copies of education certificates (certified by TCU if studied out of Tanzania) and contact information of three confidential referees, including current Head of School or Line Manager.
It should be addressed to HR – Aga Khan Education Service, Tanzania and should be sent by e-mail to [email protected] or mail to P.O.Box 125, Dar es Salaam. Please ensure you include an email address. Closing date for applications: 05th February, 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Aga Khan Education Service, Tanzania is an agency of the Aga Khan Development Network