Jobs at:Secondary Education for Girls Advancement (SEGA)
Deadline of this Job:
23 July 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, July 20, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Secondary Education for Girls Advancement (SEGA) is a non-profit organization with offices at Mkundi area, Morogoro Municipal, mandated to operate in Tanzania mainland with registration No OONG/ R2/0000232. With a particular focus on vulnerable girls, its mission is to educates and equips bright Tanzanian girls with academic, leadership, and business skills to unleash their individual talents and reach their full potential. SEGA programs include; 1) SEGA girls secondary school, 2) Program for post form 4 support, 3) Msichana wa Kisasa Community Outreach Program. The Sega girls secondary school located in Mkundi area, Morogoro Municipal provides quality holistic education for form I – IV with 50% of its students being from vulnerable backgrounds, on full scholarship. Its mission is to provide quality education for girls which fosters the development of academic excellence, strong values, healthy self-esteem, and independent thinking skills, with emphasis on leadership, entrepreneurship, social responsibility and environmental care.
Job Title : Fundraising Officer
Reports to : Director
Location : Morogoro
The Fundraising Officer role is integral to the development and implementation of the successful income stream for SEGA. The role holder is responsible for management and administration of relationships with the existing portfolio of funders and development of new proposals and bids to support SEGA’s expanding range of innovative projects.
• Develop and maintain relationships with existing funding bodies, including attendance at conferences and networking events to maintain a current understanding of funder’s priorities and opportunities.
• Conduct research, including review of strategy, reports and accounts and liaison with key colleagues to establish and articulate key funding areas and projects.
• Prepare and submit accurate and persuasive funding applications in a timely manner.
• Monitor applications, respond to queries promptly and provide colleagues and senior management with regular update reports.
• Provide the Communications Team with relevant details to publicise support from funding bodies.
• Identify funding bodies deemed relevant and likely to provide funding support to SEGA.
• Retain current knowledge of funding opportunities offered by grant-making trusts, foundations and statutory bodies.
• Maintain accurate records of all communications with existing and potential funders.
• Ensure the Finance Department understand any restrictions on the use of received income.
• Complete research and administrative support towards the submission of major corporate funding applications.
• Produce letters of thanks for donors.
• Ensure fundraising complies with best practice and quality standards.
• Provide back-up general administrative support as required.
Bachelor’s degree in Project Management, Social Sciences, Information Sciences, Research, Business Administration, or related field plus 3 years’ experience in Project Management.
Essential & desirable;
• Affinity with the goals and objectives of SEGA.
• Experience of researching, collating, preparing and submitting accurate funding applications.
• Evidence of long-term relationship building with external funders.
• Self-motivation and confident to work independently.
• Excellent communicator, both face-to-face and via remote communications.
• Excellent written and numeracy skills
• Ability to manage time effectively, prioritise workload and plan ahead.
• Excellent IT skills
• Ability to work at a school environment
• Understanding of Data Protection and fundraising regulations, compliance and best practice.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Send application to: [email protected] by submitting only Application Letter and CV.
The deadline for submitting the application is 23 July 2021.