Foreman Civil (Inspector)
Jobs at:TPC Ltd
Deadline of this Job:
05 August 2021
Within Tanzania , Moshi , East Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, July 29, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job title: Foreman Civil (Inspector)
TPC Ltd is one of the fast-growing sugar producing companies in Tanzania. The company is situated at the foot of Mount Kilimanjaro, 22kms south of Moshi Municipality. Applications are invited from qualified, energetic, proactive and dynamic Tanzanians to fill vacant positions in the Garage and Transport Department.
Reports to the Civil & Rail Engineering Manager
Core Job Description:
Perform regular inspection of civil works, building infrastructure and facilities. Act as a quality controller to ensure that the construction works, and repairs are performed in accordance to the specifications & standards. Support the building team to adequately plan & schedule weekly maintenance activities for reported calls.
• Perform scheduled inspections of building infrastructure, houses and facilities, prepare the report & bill of quantities and communicate with the concerned parties.
• Assigning day work to artisans and helpers and follow up the work done on site to ensure that the works assigned are completed and the highest workmanship is achieved.
• Supervising all the Civil Engineering works on various sites.
• Preparing Estimates of materials required for works and control usage on site to ensure that no wastage and theft occurs.
• Taking care of the equipment and tools of work on site and making sure that they are used correctly and efficiently.
• Preparation of work programs for various works under his/her responsibility.
• Reporting any difficulties or technical problems above his level to his/her Supervisor for further solutions.
• Any other related works as would be assigned to him/her by respective supervisors.
• Written and oral communication skills, active listening, problem solving, leadership, analytical and critical thinking, attention to details and dependability abilities.
• Knowledge of use of safety equipment and protective gears.
• Good personnel monitoring and equipment selection abilities.
Holder of Diploma / Full Technician Certificate in Civil Engineering or Facility Management from a recognized Training Institution. A working experience of not less than five years as a foreman in construction of building infrastructure, housing or facilities. Experience as a foreman in the repairs and maintenance of facilities such as; real estate, hotels, apartments will be an advantage. A combination of relevant aca demic qualifications and holds a valid driving license.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
Candidates meeting the requisite qualifications should submit their written applications and detailed CV to the address below, describing how they see themselves qualifying for these positions. They should also send copies of academic certificates, three references, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses.
Human Resources Executive Officer.
P. 0. Box 93.
Tel: +255272754389, FAX:+255272754391
E-mail: [email protected]
The closing deadline for all applications is 5 August 2021 . Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, “if you do not hear from us within 14 days from the closing date of this advert, please consider yourself unsuccessful.”