Finance and Administrative Officer
Jobs at:TRAFFIC WWF
Deadline of this Job:
30 July 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, July 16, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
TRAFFIC, the wildlife trade specialists, in alliance with WWF (World Wide Fund for Nature) is seeking a detailed-oriented Finance and Administrative Officer to work in TRAFFIC’S office in Arusha.
TRAFFIC, the wildlife trade monitoring network, works to ensure that trade in wild animals and plants is not a threat to the conservation of nature. It actively monitors and investigates wildlife trade and provides information to diverse audiences worldwide as a basis for effective conservation policies and programmes. The East Africa office of TRAFFIC has staff in Arusha, with activities in Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda and Ethiopia.
This position will work closely with TRAFFIC’S East Africa Office Support Manager to ensure smooth operation of all finance matters in the regional office of TRAFFIC East Africa.
Specific Responsibilities and duties:
• Checks travel advances, travel claims, settlement of advances and process journals.
• Ensures that all payment requests are processed accurately and in a timely manner;
• Assists in the analysis of financial reporting, performance of projects and ensuring that sound financial control procedures are in place, in line with donor requirements;
• Enters data into TRAFFIC’S accounting system;
• Assists with year-end and audit preparation;
• Supports the programme team with organization and delivery of events;
• Prepares statutory returns for review and payment (e.g., withholding tax, VAT and liaise with WWF on VAT refunds);
• Ensures that all financial records and files (e.g., supporting documents for expenditures, contracts, purchase orders, fixed asset inventory) in the office are well organized, maintained and updated;
• Ensures all assets are appropriately insured;
• Ensures that all procurement procedures are in accordance with the Internal Control System; and,
• Carries out any other financial as assigned by the Director and Support Manager.
• Bachelor’s Degree or Advance Diploma in Finance, Accounting, or Business Administration
• Minimum of three years working experience in a similar role in the NGO/development sector;
• Experience in working with accounting software will be an advantage. Exposure to/ familiarity with SAGE/ ACCPAC will be a distinct advantage;
• A good understanding of accounting principles; and ability to perform project administration duties.
• High proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Fluency in written and spoken English is essential;
• Highly motivated and results-oriented individual and able to work independently;
• Excellent interpersonal skills and a strong team player with proven communication and diplomacy with the ability to work effectively with multicultural and multidisciplinary teams
• Highly organized with the ability to prioritize and deliver assignments as required and ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines; and
• Able to travel within and outside Tanzania when required.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Applications must include a cover letter, along with a complete CV with full contact details of three referees and should be addressed to TRAFFIC East Africa via email to: [email protected] by midnight Tanzania time, 30 July 2021.