Endowment Fund Manager
Jobs at:Hubert Kairuki Memorial University (HKMU)
Deadline of this Job:
30 January 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, January 06, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Hubert Kairuki Memorial University (HKMU) is looking for qualified and well experienced Tanzanians, to fill the following position:
Endowment Fund Manager .
The Endowment Fund Manager is the in-charge of the Fund responsible for the day to day running of the Trust ensuring it achieves its mission and objectives.
Qualifications and Experience:
Applicants must be in possession of a Master degree or its equivalent in the fields of business administration, finance, accounting or econom¬ics. Interested applicants must have at least five years of experience in financial services or business role. Key competencies of the Fund Manager should include ability to act as a team player; proficiency in ICT technology; proven advocacy skills and ability to determine and manage risks.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Developing a Five-year Trust Strategic Development Plan in alignment with the HKMU Five-year Strategic Plan.
• Developing and implementing annual work plans based on the Five-year Strategic Plan.
• Regularly monitoring and evaluating the Trust strategic plans.
• Development and managing annual budgets forthe running of the Trust.
• Analysing and implementing robust investment strategies.
• Raising funds through various methods as provided in the Trust Deed.
• Providing timely financial and administrative reports.
• Preparing and facilitating financial external audits.
• Preparing documents and organising meetings of the Board of Trustees in liaison with the Secretary.
• Upholding best practices and ethical standards.
• Developing, updating and maintaining a robust database of stakeholders including financial contributors and beneficiaries.
• Collaborating and networking with individuals including HKMU Alumni and like-minded institutions.
• Developing and managing Risk Register including risk assessment, mitigation and risk-management plans.
• Advocating for and popularising the fund in the community including the civil society and the private sector actors.
Performing any other duties as may be required
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Reporting to: The Vice Chancellor (VC)
• Three (3) years contract, renewable subject to satisfactory performance and successful completion of a six months’ probation period upon recruitment.
Remuneration: According to the HKMU salary scales and fringe benefits.
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified applicant for the above post are requested to submit application letter and curriculum vitae, attaching copies of their certificates to:
Hubert Kairuki Memorial University,
70 Chwaku Street, P. 0. Box 65300, Dar es Salaam.
Tel. 255-22-2700021/4, Fax: 255-22-2775591,
E-mails: [email protected] , or [email protected]
The deadline for submitting the application is 30 January, 2021