Education Technical Specialist
Jobs at:PricewaterhouseCoopers Limited (PwC)
Deadline of this Job:
06 November 2020
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, October 26, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
PricewaterhouseCoopers Limited (PwC)
Education Technical Specialist
Location: Dar es salaam
Job Description & Summary
At PwC, our purpose is to build trust in society and solve important problems. We’re a network of firms in 157 countries with more than 276,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in Assurance, Tax and Advisory services. In Africa, we’re the largest provider of professional services with offices in 34 countries and over 9,000 people. This enables us to provide our clients with seamless and consistent service, wherever they’re located on the continent. In East Africa, our member firms in Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda and Tanzania work together to build trust in society and solve important problems.
Our in-depth knowledge and understanding of operating environments in the region enables us to put ourselves in our clients’ shoes and offer truly tailored Tax, Assurance and Advisory solutions to unique business challenges.
CONSULTANCY POSITION FOR FSSP EDUCATION TECHNICAL SPECIALIST PricewaterhouseCoopers Limited (PwC) invites eligible candidates to indicate their interest to provide consultancy Services as an Education Technical Specialist to the Field Support Services Project (FSSP) Tanzania.
The Education Technical Specialist will provide technical support and advice to Global Affairs Canada in the development and implementation of a portfolio of projects and programs in the education sector. This includes, but is not limited to, advice in analysis, planning, management, monitoring and coordination of Canada’s education programming and policy dialogue in Tanzania. .
Job Responsibilities: Not Specified
Candidates will be evaluated on the following key qualifications and experience:
• A minimum of an undergraduate/Bachelor’s degree from a recognized University:
• Fluency in spoken and written English. The ability to work in Kiswahili would be a strong asset;
• A minimum of five (5) years of cumulative, full-time, professional work experience in the education sector in Tanzania, in a non-teaching, non-clerical capacity (e.g. management, administration, advocacy, research, etc.);
• Experience in planning, designing, managing, monitoring and evaluating education projects and programs, using Results Based Management tools and processes, and drafting monitoring/evaluation plans and reports with recommendations; and
• Experience in integrating cross cutting issues such as gender equality and environmental impact assess¬ments;
Demonstrated experience in providing advisory services in the following areas:
• Primary education, non-formal education, teacher training, gender equality, or quality of education; and
• Education sector reviews, donor coordination, or education sector technical and financial reporting.
In addition to the key qualifications above, the incumbent is also expected to demonstrate the following skills and competencies:
• Knowledge of education sector policy priorities and processes in Tanzania, including planning, management and budgeting of public sector resources;
• Excellent research, analytical and writing skills;
• Strong and demonstrated skills in leadership, teamwork, networking, coordination and intercultural commu¬nication;
• Previous experience in working with/ and or supporting a bilateral development agency; and
• Previous experience in working with the Ministry of Education, Science and Technology as an advisor, con¬sultant, or technical specialist.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Interested candidates may obtain detailed description of these services by sending a request email to [email protected] . Requests for further information will be received up to three working days prior to the submission deadline. Any request received later than that may not be responded to.
Interested candidates should send their Expressions of Interest (Eols) ONLY electronically to [email protected] not later than 06th November 2020 at 23:59 hours. Late Expressions of Interest shall not be accepted for evaluation, irrespective of the circumstances.