Digital Learning Officer
Jobs at:Lyra in Africa Organization (Lyra)
Deadline of this Job:
31 July 2022
Within Rwanda , Iringa , East Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, July 21, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Lyra in Africa Organization (Lyra) is a registered Tanzanian
Non-Governmental Organization based in Iringa, Tanzania. Lyra’s mission is to create vibrant communities by improving education and income opportunities for girls and women across rural Tanzania.
We are seeking to employ a Digital Learning Officer, to implement Lyra’s day to day digital learning project planning and management of activities in order to achieve project objectives. Since 2017, Lyra in
Africa has run a digital learning (DL) program in Ward Secondary Schools of Iringa, Tanzania.
• To coach / train teachers on how to use Digital Learning as part of their classroom teaching to ease their day to day work.
• To ensure that trained teachers are using DL as part of their classroom teaching.
• Coach / train students how to use the DL platform to search for content, perform quizzes and watch educational videos and other resources in order to increase both group and self-study.
• Train student leader in each class (Form I-IV) who will be supporting their fellow students to navigate the educational resources.
• Provide training to Digital Learning Mentor Girls, who will be long term supporters of the DL program.
• Assist in the Review and update a Coding training guide to be used for successful implementation the Lyra Coding Program in Schools.
• Collect training data, prepare and submit reports to your linemanager at the end of each training programme.
• Formulate schedules for training programs to all Lyra supported schools and other beneficiaries of our DL program in a cost-effective manner.
• Assist in preparation and coordination of Lyra Tech Annual event.
• Collect data used for preparation of DL monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
• Prepare case studies / stories using Lyra’s format for capturing case studies / stories.
• Perform technical work, including where required, software and hardware preparation, installations and troubleshooting.
• Maintain a database of all Lyra Digital Learning Equipment for tracking.
• Travel to Lyra schools to conduct hardware and software installations and computer maintenance when required.
• Assist in preparation of weekly, monthly and quarterly reports
• Provide support needed for coaching, training, data collection to the Lyra partner schools according to the donor requirements.
• And other related duties that may be assigned by your line manager.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
• With a bachelor degree in information technology, computer science, computer Engineering or other related courses.
• Fluent in English and Swahili (written and spoken).
• Minimum 1 year experience of delivering community development or digital learning skills projects.
• Proven track record of delivering projects.
• Computer Maintenance and Networking skills.
• Proven ability to deliver high quality training and experiential learning.
• Experience in working with and developing young people.
• A good understanding and experience of international development, digital skills and learning, Gender equality and sustainable development issues.
• Be a strong and flexible team player.
• Knowledge of how to manage relationships with different partners.
• Excellent communications and facilitation skills with ability to lead by example.
Lyra in Africa is committed to safeguarding as an integral part of the work we undertake. As part of your work, you will be in touch with members of the Communities, Children, Girls in Secondary Schools, and vulnerable people. Lyra in Africa has a zero tolerance policy towards all forms of abuse, bullying, harassment and sexual exploitation. As an employee of Lyra, you will be required to adhere to the Safeguarding
Policy. Under this policy, you have a duty to immediately report any concerns about the actions related to Lyra in Africa work that may harm children or vulnerable adults.
Anti-Bribery and Corruption
Lyra has zero tolerance for corrupt activities in any form, including bribery, facilitation payments and any kind of influence, whether committed by Lyra employees, or third parties acting for or on behalf of
Lyra. Lyra commits to comply with applicable country specific laws and regulations on anti-bribery and corruption where we operate. Lyra requires all employees, contractors, consultants, and all who we work with to comply with the same laws and to this policy and take active steps to ensure that corruption does not occur in relation to Lyra’s operations.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 12
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
• Interested qualified candidates should submit their CV and cover letter in one document to [email protected] mailto: [email protected] before 31st July 2022.
• The applicants should clearly state the job title applied for in the subject line of the email.
• Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
• Candidates with computer Maintenance skills are encouraged to apply.
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.