Country Administration and Property Manager
Jobs at:Aga Khan Foundation
Deadline of this Job:
20 July 2020
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, July 06, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
For nearly 50 years, the Aga Khan Foundation (AKF) has been partnering with communities, governments, and local leaders to harness the best for people of all backgrounds to improve the quality of life. The Foundation’s work is rooted in core values of self-reliance, pluralism, and respect for human dignity. AKF is a member of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), one of the world’s leading poverty solutions networks. The AKDN’s integrated approach makes longterm investments, builds permanent institutions, and cultivates an active civil society, impacting tens of millions of people annually in 30 countries. Alongside its sister AKDN agencies, the Foundation implements innovative, community-driven solutions that are based in decades of experience, learning, and evaluation. .
• Staff and performance management: Provide supervision, oversight, and professional development support to the administration staff and property staff in the Country and field offices ensuring their functions are well understood, organized, and executed on time and with the highest level of professionalism and service.
• Procurement: Lead and supervise the procurement of all goods and services for the Tanzania office ensuring that AKF(EA) and/or donor approved procedures are complied with Contract and manage consultants, contractors, and suppliers for repair, maintenance, and renovation of properties and delivery of supplies and goods
• Asset management: Supervising the establishment, maintenance, and updating of inventory of assets, equipment, furniture for the organisation across its various project offices, and ensure the safety and maintenance of all office equipment and premises.
• Security: Ensure implementation of AKF(EA) security guidelines and protocols in all AKF offices in Tanzania. Provide regular report to management
• Monitor foreseeable security risks and working with the Senior Leadership Team both at HQ and in the field offices, maintain emergency and security plans, including emergency preparedness and strategies for maintaining operations.
• Property management: Undertake preparation of and follow up on tenancy agreements, lease renewals, rent payment, property subdivisions, licenses, environmental issues, approvals and other requirements associated with the Lands Departments and Local Councils and ensure s compliance with all regulatory requirements for properties
• Preparation and monitoring of the property budgets, income, and maintenance plan. Ensuring timely rent and other dues collection.
• Administration: Develop and execute appropriate operations management systems that reflect compliance with AKF policies, organizational policies, and standard operating procedures.
• Preparation and submission of timely and accurate monthly, quarterly and annual reports to management
• Ensure effective and efficient AKF ( EA) operational functions (contracts, procurement, administration, fixed asset management, records keeping, facilities management, travel/logistics,) in a high quality, cost-effective and timely manner, complying with local laws and adherence to contract regulations, AKF (EA) policies, and standard operating procedures.
• Work closely with Country Finance Manager in developing and managing AKF ( EA)’s indirect budget as well as the administrative and operational elements of country and project budgets and monitor costs against budget.
• Oversee and monitor AKF ( EA)’s corporate insurances to ensure proper coverage based on AKF ( EA)’s operations.
• Coordinate execution of financial reviews or audits and ensure timely follow up to review or audit conclusions and recommendations in close collaboration with the Country Finance Manager
• Management Office Workspace Statutory issues: ensure all statutory obligations are paid; land rent, VAT returns, etc
• Any other tasks assigned by your line manager
Job Skills: Not Specified
Qualification, Knowledge, and Experience
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Land or Building Economics, Business Administration, Engineering, or related field. A post¬graduate in Management qualification will be an added advantage.
• A minimum of 5years solid related experience, with at least three of those years in a busy middle management position on administration, operations and/or property management.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Kiswahili
• Ability to work under pressure with multiple tasks, demands and deadlines with a positive and constructive attitude under minimal supervision
• Have an excellent understanding of the real estate market and trends, and be up to date with procurement land- related issues
• Ability to interpret, review, analyse, and critique architectural and engineering drawings, bills of quantity, specifications
• Computer Proficiency: Word processing, database, and spreadsheet applications, MS Office and the ability to present figures in graphs and other user-friendly methods
• Willingness to travel on short notices
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Candidates interested in this unique career opportunity with AKFT should submit a one-page cover letter and maximum four-page CV including the names and contact information of three professional referees by 12 noon on Saturday, July 16, 2020. E-mail these documents to [email protected] with Job title in the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.