Coordinator 1 – UG Training (Loading)
Jobs at:Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML)
Deadline of this Job:
02 September 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, August 27, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of North Western Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s South East of the nearest point of Lake Victoria. The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Coordinator 1 – UG Training (Loading)
Contract type & Duration: Unspecified time
Reporting to: UG Mining – Training Specialist
Number of Positions: One (1)
Purpose of the Role
The role is responsible for training Underground production team and ensure employees are imparted with sufficient skills and knowledge and hence capable and efficient in meeting all the production targets, compliance of all safety policies procedures and best practices, Also ensuring UG Training Team support in developing and implementing the GGML Integrated Safety Management System, Major hazard standard, Critical controls monitoring, Zero Harm innovation/initiatives and a safe working environment sufficient to maintain GGM’s social license to operate in Tanzania and comply with the AGA, CARO and GGML frameworks for best practice internationally
• Certificate of Secondary Education Examination (CSEE)
• Licensed or Certified Manual Bogging and Tele Remote Equipment Operator an added advantage
• Valid Tanzanian Driving License with UG Driving Experience
• A formal qualification (Degree, Diploma or Certificate) in Mining Engineering.
• Experience with Sandvik or Caterpillar LHD are preferable an added advantage
• At least one year experience working with the training team in Underground Mining. Environment
• Knowledge of Underground Mining Practices and the efficient operations of Underground LHD Equipment.
• Experience with LHD for a Decline and Stockpile mining method.
• Having experience of MS word & excel application
Main or key accountabilities:
• Ability to read and accurately follow mine bogging instruction plans and with much skills and precision ensuring the stopes are bogging to design plan, gradient, and profile.
• Communicate with shift boss and mine foreman to optimize bogging stope area and target.
• Set up and troubleshoot on LHD Tele Remote.
• Access face conditions at the start of the job and scale from height according to site requirements
• Accurately record Bucket’s information using the company’s PLOD (KPI)
• Supervise and train operators and works with trades and non-trades persons carrying out other tasks in and around the underground mine as directed
• Continuously educate and train the operator trainees in all aspects of LHD Tele Remote operations and mining practices and procedures.
• Work to minimize equipment down time and maximize productivity.
• Understanding about Tele Bogging Plan (Sketch).
• Understanding about all barricade and signs.
• Understanding about towing LHD Tele Remote procedures.
• Should manage to report all the machine damage and breakdown occurred during and after training.
• To have a good knowledge on laser set up function
• Ability to safety perform any other duties as assigned by the Shift boss or Mine Foreman.
• Holder of a Tanzania driving license and able to drive light vehicles
• Strong computer packages skills
• Mines Rescue experience.
• Understanding of leadership and how to ensure people are motivated and effective in their work.
• An understanding of cultural difference and different methods of motivation.
• Ability to be self-motivated and lead by example.
• Ability to communicate verbally and in writing to employees on site.
• Ability to interact and work with or support other departments
• Ability to identify potential hazards and advise on minimising risks and assessing controls effectiveness
• Ability to formulate, present and evaluate training courses.
• Ability to establish priorities, follow up and complete tasks.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 12
Level of Education: High School
Job application procedure
• Please apply through our recruitment portal by clicking the ' APPLY ' button
• On the portal you will be required to upload your detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, e- mail and telephone contacts, names and addresses of three referees. Please do not attach certificates that are not related to the qualifications stated above.
• You will also be required to upload a cover / application letter addressed to “Senior Manager Human Resources, Geita Gold Mining Ltd”. Subject should be “Coordinator 1 - UG Training (Drilling)”
• You will be required to present original certificates if you are contacted for interviews.
• Internal Applicants (those currently employed by AngloGold Ashanti) must have their application letter endorsed by their Head of Department (HOD) or Manager once Removed (MoR).
Click here to Apply Now
• Applications should reach the above on or befor e 02nd September 2021 at 5:30 Pm
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.