Command and Staff Operations Trainer (GPOI)
Deadline of this Job:
10 May 2020
Within Nigeria , Dar es Salaam , West Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, April 29, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
SAIC is seeking Command and Staff Operations Trainers for work in various African countries partnered with the US State Department’s GPOI (Global Peace Operations Initiative) training program. GPOI has absorbed the Africa Contingency Operations Training and Assistance (ACOTA) program. GPOI manages the program under the Department of State’s Bureau of Political-Military Affairs in collaboration with the Bureau of African Affairs/Security Assistance (AF/SA). The program provides mentoring, advising, and training support and assistance to Host Nation (HN) training centers, their cadre, and units (company to brigade size and including multi-national force headquarters) in training for peacekeeping missions. This training may include extensive field training as well as training, equipment and infrastructure support for the training center and its staff and instructors. .
The duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Mentor, advise, assist, and/or train Host Nation military personnel in a variety of military skills to include commanders and staffs in PSO command and staff operations skills and procedures.
• Develop POIs, lesson plans, and training support packages for directed staff training
• Support the preparation of partner country battalions and brigades for PSO deployments
• Focus on operations center organization and operations, staff functions, Intelligence Preparation of the Area of Operations (IPAO), and the Military Decision Making Process (MDMP)
• Ensure all training scenarios are based on the most current mission area information
• Provide training involving classroom instruction and hands on assistance in Peace Support Operation (PSO) based Command Post Exercises.
• Conduct training in the training language of the Host Nation Military.
Job Skills: Not Specified
• AA/AS Degree from an accredited institution
• Minimum of fifteen (15) years military operations and training experience (Experience can be military, civilian, or contractor, or a combination of the three)
• Subject matter expert in at least one (1) Combat Arms, Combat Support, or Combat Service Support
• Staff experience at battalion or brigade level
• Have a unique blend of skills, experience, and knowledge that will allow individual to best support the goals and tasks
• Familiar with standard military training concepts, practices, and procedures
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Follow the link below to apply: https://jobs.saic.com/jobs/4859941-command-and-staff-operations-trainer-gpoi?tm_job=1928928&tm_event=view&tm_company=2520&bid=538