Chief of Party
Jobs at:Tetra Tech
Deadline of this Job:
17 August 2022
Within Tanzania , Iringa , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, August 03, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
MUM is a five year (August 2021 – July 2026) $25 million activity implemented by Tetra Tech that will expand and sustain WASH services through improved drinking water service, increased access to WASH finance, improved market-based sanitation, and strengthened water resources management. The COP is responsible for the overall implementation of USAID/MUM, supervises multiple senior positions, and coordinates directly with USAID and Tanzanian government institutions.
• Provide vision and overall leadership to a multi-disciplinary team of technical experts including international subcontractors in the fields of WASH and sustainable water services, access to finance, market-based sanitation, water resources stewardship, gender and youth inclusion.
• Serve as primary point of contact with USAID/Tanzania to facilitate technical, financial, and administrative implementation of project activities.
• Liaise with Tanzania government officials, local community stakeholders, basin water boards, water user associations, civil society, academia, private sector, and other USAID-funded activities.
• Oversee preparation and submission of technical and financial reports and other deliverables required by USAID/Tanzania.
• Collaborate closely with home office staff to ensure compliance of contracts, finance, and operations related issues.
• Manage the overall project budget including forecast expenditure reports and update the project budget to mitigate cost overruns.
• Representation, Outreach Promotion and Coordination of the project and Tetra Tech.
• Master’s degree in a relevant engineering discipline with 10 years’ experience OR Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant engineering discipline with 15 years’ experience. A relevant discipline includes civil, water resources, infrastructure, construction, etc.
• At least 10 years (with Master’s degree) or 15 years (with Bachelor’s degree) of work experience providing technical assistance to water/sanitation service delivery, water resources/environmental management, institutional strengthening, or related activities.
• At least 8 years of progressively responsible leadership/senior management experience on donor-funded or related projects. Experience in Tanzania and on international donor funded projects preferred.
• Demonstrated experience in project management, strategic planning using science-based information, budgeting, adaptive management, and supervision, team building and leadership of teams greater than 25+ persons.
• Familiarity with the political, social, and cultural context/challenges of working in East/Southern Africa.
• Strong communications and interpersonal skills with evidence of ability to productively interact with the client and a wide range and levels of organizations and stakeholders, including high-level government officials. Strong ability managing disagreements with client, project subcontractors, and other key stakeholders in a professional manner.
• Subject matter expertise in Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), Integrated Water Resource Management (IWRM), WASH governance, livelihoods, Public-Private Partnerships, and private sector development to provide WASH services in urban and rural settings.
• Outstanding management and reporting skills.
• Strong Microsoft Office skills, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
• Fluency in written and oral English required. Functional capacity or higher in Swahili highly desired.
• Possess and maintain active Tanzanian professional and consulting engineering license registrations for the life of the activity.
• Financial and personal integrity.
• Knowledge of USAID rules and regulations highly desired.
• Tanzanian citizen.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To apply follow this link https://bit.ly/COP_MUM