Assistant ICT Officer
Jobs at:Marine Services Company Limited
Deadline of this Job:
13 April 2020
Within Tanzania , Mwanza , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, April 01, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Transfer Vacancies at Marine Services Company Limited March
Marine Services Company Limited (MSCL) is a state owned organization and was incorporated under Company Ordinance (Cap 212) on 8th December, 1997. The main function of the Company is to transport passenger and cargo along the shores of Lake Victoria, Lake Tanganyika and Lake Nyasa. The Company’s vision statement is “To be the most competitive, reliable, safe and customer oriented maritime transport
MSCL invite applications from competent and qualified Public Servants to be considered for immediate transfer to MSCL to fill the following vacant posts. Successful Applicants should be ready to work in any of our offices namely (Headquarters -Mwanza, Mwanza, Kigoma and Kyela Branches) .
Duties and Responsibilities
• To inspect the quality of ICT equipment and fix them accordingly;
• To troubleshoot and perform minor repair on all ICT equipment;
• To troubleshoot and repair the Organization ICT Infrastructure;
• Perform preventive maintenance duties on items of ICT hardware, including the cleaning of equipment and to maintain ICT infrastructure in line with Organization guidelines;
• Provide technical guidance and support to end users (Helpdesk);
• To supervise inspection and installation of new ICT equipment ;
• To inspect the quality and assist installation and maintaining of user application and a modern Management Information System;
• To troubleshoot and make necessary adjustment to user applications and other information systems within the Organization;
• Design and implement safety measures and data recovery plans;
• Install, configure and upgrade security software (e.g. antivirus programs);
• To perform any other related duties as may be assigned from time to time by Supervisor.
• Salary scale: MSCS 3.1
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Holder of Diploma in Computer Engineering, Network Engineering, Communication Engineering and Electronic Engineering, Information Communication Technology, Information Technology or equivalent from Institution recognized by the Government.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Interested candidates should apply in confidence enclosing:
• Detailed CVS
• Certified copies of academics and professionals certificates and transcript
• Applicants must channel their applications through their respective employers, failure of which will lead to automatic disqualification.
• All applicants should indicate the positions they apply for on top envelopes or on subject part of the email.
• Only successful candidates will be contacted for further procedures,
• Applicants should indicate their willingness and commitment to cover the transfer cost upon being successful.
Interested applicants should submit their applications to the following address:
Chief Executive Officer,
Marine Services Company Limited,
MWANZA – TANZANIA.
Email: [email protected]
DEADLINE 13 April, 2020