Assistant Finance Officer
Jobs at:Tanzania Gender Networking Programme (TGNP)
Deadline of this Job:
23 July 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Saturday, July 17, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
TGNP has been in existence since 1993, during which time it has built itself into a leading member of the women feminist movement for social gender transformation and women empowerment within Tanzanian, Africa and beyond. Its overall goal is to contribute to increased gender responsiveness of policy formulation and implementation of various policies. The approach of the organization is enhancing strategic linkages, networking and coalition building among like-minded civil society organizations, grassroots groups and key networks and coalitions. Over the years, TGNP has made a substantial contribution towards developing a critical mass of organized civil society with the capacity to critically analyze and stimulate public debate, and to carry out activism and collective action on pertinent social, cultural, political and economic development issues.
To adequately fulfil its mandate and in line with the expansion of organizational activities in the country, TGNP is inviting applications from suitably qualified and self-motivated Tanzanians of high personal integrity to apply for the vacant positions existing within the organization:
Assistant Finance Officer
Effect payments preparations by ensuring they are backup with all supporting documents
• Data entry all vouchers on timely basis (payment vouchers, Deposit vouchers and Journal Vouchers,
• Petty cash management and payments through approved petty cash procedures,
• Store Management; Increase efficiency in store management by using computerized system
• Management of cash l flows and cash and bank transactions management
• Manage statutory payments e.g. With-Holding Taxes, PAYE,
• Collect cash form vendors/staff and issue Receipts Bank them intact within the respective month,
• Prepare Donor Financial reports as per donor requirement and agreement
• Support projects audits, external audits, process and financial reviews
• Facilitate M Pesa payments
• Inputting all accounts data into pastel computerized Accounting.
• Prepare payments
• Prepare payroll, TRA deductions, NSSF deduction and other taxes
• Management of Office petty cash
• Facilitate Banking Activities
• Prepare several Donor financial reports as per contracts
• Prepare / support internal budget for meetings, Trainings, workshops, and make all the payments
• Facilitate audit exercise in collaboration with auditors
Key qualifications and Experience
A minimum of bachelor’s Bachelor’s degree in Finance or accounting with relevant experience of 2 years.
• Accounting knowledge.
• Skilled in word and excel.
• Skilled in pastel accounting or any Accounting Package.
• Honesty, keen, diligent with patience, perseverance and good memory.
• High level of Confidentiality, integrity, commitment towards work.
All positions advertised carries attractive remuneration for the right candidate.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
All applications supported by CV, a statement of not more than three pages on your experience related to the job you are seeking, and why you want to work in this position; two reference letters and supporting documents to be submitted within seven (7) days from date of first appearance of this advertisement which is 16th July 2021.
The organization is an equal opportunity employer. However, women and youth are highly encouraged to apply.
Applications should be addressed to:
The Executive Director,
Tanzania Gender Networking Programme,
P.O. Box 8921,
Dar es Salaam.
E-Mail: [email protected]
Note: Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
For more information about TGNP visit our website: www.tgnp.or.tz