Archivist and Records Officer
Jobs at:The School of St Jude
Deadline of this Job:
18 September 2020
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, August 20, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The School of St Jude 2020 .
The School of St Jude is a pioneering leader in charitable education within Africa. We are giving 1,800 students a 100% free, quality education, 100’s of graduates access to higher education and 30,000+ Tanzanians quality teaching each year. St Jude’s is funded by generous supporters from around the world who make our mission of giving bright, poor Tanzanian students a free, quality education possible.
Who are you
• You have fantastic attention to detail and are passionate about organizing and preserving documents.
• You are a dynamic and strategic thinker, with the ability to work independently and provide support and advice to other staff.
• You have a positive, can-do attitude and be an all-round admin genius who is capable of juggling a variety of tasks.
• You go to sleep at night dreaming of best ways to implement archiving strategies, cataloguing records and preserving historical documents.
What you'll do
• Organize archival records and develop classification systems to facilitate access to archival materials.
• Prepare archival records, such as document descriptions, to allow easy access to information.
• Mentor and direct activities of workers who will assist in arranging, cataloguing, exhibiting and maintaining collections of valuable materials.
• Preserve records, documents, and objects, copying records to digital formats as necessary. Authenticate and appraise historical documents and archival materials.
What we're looking for
• 5+ years’ experience in archiving and records management essential.
• Outstanding administration skills, including excellent data entry experience.
• High-level organisational skills and attention to detail with the ability to multi-task.
• International applicant willing to move to Tanzania for a period of 6 months (maximum).
• Confident, independent and highly skilled problem solver who can hit the ground running and delve deep into the St Jude’s archives.
• The opportunity to use your talents and expertise to fight poverty through education and make a positive impact in Tanzania
• A local wage that will allow you to live comfortably in Arusha – a vibrant gateway to Tanzania’s world-famous national parks
• International Employees Benefits Package including: housing benefit allowance and access to furnished on-campus accommodation (WiFi included); plus contract completion incentives
• A flexible and supportive community of international and local employees
• Ample opportunities for career progression and development
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Send your cover letter and an up to date Curriculum Vitae to [email protected] Subject line must include the reference number: TSOSJ/HR/ADM/MKT/03/20 Applications close on 18th September 2020, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.