Jobs at:AccessBank Tanzania
Deadline of this Job:
07 February 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, January 28, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
AccessBank Tanzania (ABT) is a commercial bank with a special focus on microfinance. With very strong international shareholders such as Access Holding, International Finance Corporation, KFW, African Development Bank and MicroVest. ABT's vision is to be committed to the development of financial systems that support social progress by rendering services to all people with the same ambition for excellence and quality.
AccessBank Tanzania Limited is offering excellent long-term career development opportunities for experienced and highly motivated professional applicants. In order to support our expansion process, we are looking forward to recruit self-motivated and enthusiastic individual to join our IT Team as an Application Administration. Duties and .
• Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
• Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary.
• Upgrade and configure system software that supports ABT infrastructure applications per project or operational needs.
• Plan a detailed Backup strategy concept for all the Banking Management information systems (my MBS, Kenex, CTS, Kprinter, Swift, Finger print, mobile, ATM).
• Coordinate with the Service delivery coordinator in the preparation of test environment, installation and testing of new core banking application releases, reviewing release notes, and report problems (bugs) to level 2 support and migration of new mym BS into the live environment. Install, configure and support all Bank Information systems (Core Banking Application, CTS, Swift and Kprinter services, Reporting service, MSSQL database, mobile, Agency).
• Apply application patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure & add new services as necessary.
• Plan and execute disaster recovery and normal recovery procedures, visual control of hardware equipment - ensure uptime of server. Process owner of the CBS Day end and Month End Ensure continuity of banking operations. Create, change, and deactivate Bank Information systems user accounts as per request.
• Responsible for Bank Information Systems user support and management of user requests to completion with proper documentation
• Proactive analysis of logging data to help to prevent system down time.
• Daily, weekly & monthly reporting of Bank Information systems CBS (Core Banking Application, CTS, Swift and Kprinter services, Reporting service, MSSQL database, mobile, Agency)
• Prepare & Produce quality performance statistics & comprehensive reports of all assigned platforms for management review.
• Monitor logging data and report system operating figures and irregularities regularly
• Maintain and update systems and all necessary procedure documentation Manage business software and licensing and ensuring Bank compliance on licensing (Microsoft server and CAL, Microsoft SQL server)
• Develop and maintain all application administration installation and configuration procedures.
• Ensure proper monitoring of periodical IT reports within the department Ensure and maintain internal I.T. security as it relates to MIS in the bank. Training of users in basic usage of the applications.
• Ensure the business complies with the applicable requirements of the Information Security policies internally, industry best practices and regulatory requirement.
• Determining the appropriate levels of controls to safeguard sensitive data and validate controls are being implemented.
Job Skills: Not Specified
Requirements and Baseline Skills
• At least a degree in Computer Engineering, Information Technology or comparable qualification
• Minimum two year experience in a directly related position
• Evidence of sound experience in
- Server administration (modern MS Windows server (hardware, operation system, MS Office, network connections), patch management, scripting
- MS SQL server administration, Oracle DB administration
• Backup and recovery procedures (MS sql-database server, operating systems)
• Windows batch scripting and basic Linux server administration
• Problem solving, analytical and process oriented
• Knowledge of Software Office 2007,2010,2013 (incl. outlook mail client), operating systems (e.g. Windows 2003, 2008,2008 R2,2012), Browser (e.g. Internet Explorer) and other Microsoft applications
• Evidence of a willingness to take responsibility and work on own initiative
• Flexibility and operational readiness Openness to IT and business processes Communicative personality (good written and verbal communication skills)
• Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines consistently
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Education Experience: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Applications can be made through the Human Resources Department, Head Office, Kijitonyama opposite Makumbusho village, Derm House P. O BOX 95068 DSM or via Mail [email protected] .DO NOT send applications more than once. Interested applicants can submit their application letter and CV to HR Department not later than 7th February 2021.