Alternative Care and Child Protection Coordinator
Jobs at:SOS Children's Villages
Deadline of this Job:
20 October 2021
Within Tanzania , Arusha , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, October 06, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
SOS Children's Villages Tanzania is a local non-government organization affiliated to SOS Children's Villages International, a worldwide child care and protection organization that provides orphaned and destitute children with a permanent home and educational opportunities. Established 60 years ago, SOS Children's Villages International the umbrella organization, currently has Children's Villages and other projects in 135 countries around the world. Globally, it runs the SOS Children's Village Programme which has two main arms, i.e. Family Based Care based at SOS Children's Villages and Family Strengthening Programmes supporting families in local communities. SOS has been working in the United Republic of Tanzania since 1991, and implements its programs in the following locations Zanzibar, Arusha, Dar es Salaam, Mwanza and Iringa. SOS Children's Villages Tanzania seeks to recruit suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant positions:
Job Title: Alternative Care and Child Protection Coordinator
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The Alternative Care and Child Protection Coordinator supports program development and planning program management, monitoring and delivery of results, innovation, technical and operational leadership to program implementation networking and partnership building in accordance with the organization's policies, strategies, and available resource for of the alternative care and child protection project
1. Programme management and Delivery
• Lead the planning and implementation of the alternative care and child protection project
• Work as part of a team with Local Government Authorities and civil Society organizations in the promotion of child protection and its integration into the National Plan of Action
• Contribute to general capacity building strategy for targeted service providers and other local partners including participation in the development and delivery of training workshops and other capacity building interventions related to alternative care and child protection
• Provide parenting program implementation technical support to community parenting groups
• Serves as resource to the Program Manager by providing recommendations and technical support related to designing and implementing Alternative family based Care interventions
• Facilitate the rollout of SOS children's Villages International Policies and Guidelines on implementation af Alternative Care.
• Lead the development of the program design, based on the findings of the baseline assessment and analysis, and in line with the organization's policies, strategies and available resources in doing so, ensure the participation of key stakeholders, as appropriate
• Ensure the annual planning process is carried out and plans are updated, according to the policies and strategies of the Organization
• Facilitate regular joint field visits as part of backstopping to partners to assist in implementing agreed work plans
• Support community-based partners to develop a clear plan for child protection and provide relevant support towards realization of that plan. This includes building positive relationships with recognized community leadership and local authorities
• Advocate for a comprehensive and sustainable care reforms and Child Protection systems at all levels
2. Partnership and Community Relationship Development
• Establishes and maintains a collaborative relationship with the Local Government Authorities and relevant stakeholders in Karatu, Arumeru Anaha DC and Arusha City in Arusha region
• Formalize partnerships with community-based partners developing together with them a memorandum of understanding outlining role and responsibilities
• Ensure local government adores, community leaders and that based organization leaders in Sos Children's Villages targeted areas are oriented and trained on and support family based alternative care for children in need.
• Ensure to engage local government leaders, community leaders and faith based organizations leaders to work as champions of foster care parenting and ensuring community based support systems and structures for faster care parents are in place.
3. Financial management and administration of the program
• Ensure that the organization's financial resources are used modestly and gently,
• Implement financial and administrative procedures, in line with the organization's policies/guidelines and in consultation with financial support staff.
• Ensure all program expenditure/resource usage is in line with the annual plan and budget
4. Monitoring and Evaluation responsibilities
• Work closely with partners through the coordination units to identify and monitor targets in compliance with M&E plan maintain and facilitate joint operational plans, and develop or refine methodologies to track alternative care and child protection intervention over time.
• Maintain program database and indicator tracking tools to monitor progress in implementation
• Participate in the preparation of the Strategic Plan and Annual Plan to ensure they are aligned with government policies and strategies an alternative care and Most vulnerable children
• In collaboration with the M&E team establish and ensure implementation of a strong MEAL system for the care and child protection (M&E plan, indicators, performance tracking tables, monitoring tools, etc)
• Contribute to baseline studies, formative assessments, mid-term evaluations, final evaluations and other research studies as well as learning events as part of annual DIPs.
• Contribute to program inputs for the development of the Tons of evaluations baseline studies which include background information and scope of work and proposed methodology.
5. Child Safeguarding responsibility
• Alternative Care Coordinator conducts herself in a way that safeguards children and youth from al forms of discrimination abuse, mistreatment and neglect. Strongly support our values and our vision that every child grows in a family with love respect and security", and she will promote children's development
• Ensure that SOS Children's Villages Alternative Care and Child Protection work in Arusha is not putting children at risk for further risk: this means constantly work through a child safeguarding lens and taking to children and other stakeholders to identity about possible design implementation flaws
• Be vigilant about observing possible child abuse ham in their personal and professional lives.
• Ensure that all beneficiaries of our programme are receiving on-going age-appropriate verbal or written information in relevant languages about SOS Children's Valgus Child Safeguarding Policy and Code of Conduct
• Preventing and mitigating all possible risks in the area of child protection and Safeguarding at your area. .Reporting immediately on any issue related to Child abuse violence neglect mistreatment
• Maintain high level of confidentiality while handing CS concerns.
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCES.
• Bachelor of Arts degree in Social Work, Sociology, Child rights Masters degree will be an added advantage.
• 6 years related experience out of which 4 years in supervisory position
• Sound awareness and understanding of relevant social development issues, such as Gander Child nights Child alternative care and protection issued, at national and regional level
• Knowledge of Project Cycle Management
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 72
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidates should send their application letter by email describing how your experience, qualifications and competencies make you the right candidate for this position Endose ONLY detailed and updated CV with telephone contacts, email address and details of at least 3 referees Only contacted candidates for the interview will submit copies of academic, professional articles and passport size photo. This advert can be obtained on our website http://www.sos-childrensvillagestanzania/or.tz Closing date 20th October, 2021. To apply please send to
The National Director SOS Children's Villages Tanzania.
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania