5 Water Technicians II
Jobs at:Shinyanga Water Supply And Sanitation Authority (SHUWASA)
Deadline of this Job:
18 February 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, February 08, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
THE UNITED REPUBLIC OF TANZANIA
President’s Office Public Service Recruitment Secretariat
Ref.No.EA.7/96/01/L/30 5th February, 2021
On behalf of College of Business Education (CBE), Shinyanga Water Supply and Sanitation Authority (SHUWASA) and Ardhi University (ARU) Public Service Recruitment Secretariat (PSRS) invites dynamics and suitable qualified Tanzanians to fill 9 vacant posts mentioned below. .
Shinyanga Water Supply and Sanitation Authority (SHUWASA) is an Autonomous Utility which was established under section 3(I) of Cap. 272 of 1997 as reviewed by section 60 of Water supply and Sanitation Act No. 12 of 2009 and Act No. 5 of 2019. SHUWASA is charged with the overall responsibility of operations and management of portable clean water supply and sanitation services in Shinyanga. SHUWASA performs its duties under the pilot and supervision of the Executive Board of Directors. The general guidelines to run the Authority are provided by the Ministry of Water and regulated by EWURA.
POSITION: Water Technician II- 5 POSTS
REPORTS TO: WATER NETWORK SUPERVISOR
MAIN ROLE: Responsible to all matters related to Water Distribution Network
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• To maintain and update the water network maps;
• To maintain and update customers particulars (customer service line, Account number, meter location and other related water infrastructure);
• To undertake customer particular verification and mapping in accordance with the programs prepared by the Planning and Construction Engineer;
• To carry out surveys and prepare drawings/ sketches of existing and proposed water works;
• To undertake the preparation of construction drawing for water network developments and modernization in accordance with the programs prepared by the Planning and Construction Engineer; and
• To maintain up-to- date data and information on the water network.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Technician Certificate either in Civil or Water Resources Engineering with at least 3 years working experience in water production and distribution works, with good command of AutoCAD and GIS tools.
AGE LIMIT: Candidate must be within an age of 25 to 35 years.
Job Education Experience: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
• All applicants must be Citizens of Tanzania generally with an age not above 45 years of age except for those who are in Public Service and where specified; • Applicants must attach an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contacts; postal address/post code, e-mail and telephone numbers;
• Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement;
• Applicants must attach their certified copies of the following certificates:-
o Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma/Certificates;
o Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma transcripts;
o Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates;
o Professional Registration and Training Certificates from respective Registration or Regulatory Bodies, (where applicable);
o Birth certificate;
• Attaching copies of the following certificates is strictly not accepted:-
o Form IV and form VI results slips;
o Testimonials and all Partial transcripts;
• An applicant must upload recent Passport Size Photo in the Recruitment Portal;
• An applicant employed in the Public Service should route his application letter through his respective employer;
• An applicant who is retired from the Public Service for whatever reason should not apply;
• An applicant should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts;
• Certificates from foreign examination bodies for Ordinary or Advanced level education should be verified by The National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA).
• Professional certificates from foreign Universities and other training institutions should be verified by The Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU) and National Council for Technical Education (NACTE);
• An applicant with special needs/case (disability) is supposed/advised to indicate;
• A signed application letter should be written either in Swahili or English and Addressed to Secretary, Presidents Office, Public Service Recruitment Secretariat, P.O. Box 2320, Utumishi Building at University of Dodoma - Asha Rose Migiro Buildings -Dodoma.
• Deadline for application is 18th February, 2021;
• Only short listed candidates will be informed on a date for interview and;
• Presentation of forged certificates and other information will necessitate to legal action;
All applications must be sent through Recruitment Portal by using the following address; http://portal.ajira.go.tz/ and not otherwise (This address also can be found at PSRS Website, Click ‘Recruitment Portal’) Released by: SECRETARY PUBLIC SERVICE RECRUITMENT SECRETARIAT