4 Weight Bridge Operators
Deadline of this Job:
23 December 2020
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, December 21, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
TANZANIA NATIONAL ROADS AGENCY (TANROADS) is a Semi -Autonomous Agency under the Ministry of Works, Transport and Communication established on July 1, 2000 and is responsible for the day-to-day management of the Tanzania Mainland’s Trank and Regional Roads Network. Its primary functions include the management of maintenance and development works, operations of the network and axle load control, the implementation of road safety and environmental measures, provision of advice on the strategic framework policies and plans for the road sector.
The Regional Manager’s office TANROADS -Kigoma, on behalf of the Chief Executive TANROADS, intends to recruit suitably qualified and competent Tanzanian to fill the following vacancies on specific duties within the regional on renewable contract terms.
Regional Manager TANROADS – KIGOMA invites qualified and interested candidates to apply for the following positions below… .
A: Key qualifications for the weighbridge operator;
• Holder of full Technician Certificate(FTC) or Diploma in Civil, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering;
• Must be computer literate (At least Advance Certificate in Computer applications);
• Must be fluent in both written and spoken Kiswahili and English Languages;
• Must be a Tanzanian Citizen;
• Note above 35 years of age.
Job Skills: Not Specified
B: Duties and Responsibilities of the Weighbridge Operator;
• Enforces Road Traffic Axle Load Control by the use of Weighbridge scale devices;
• Enforce East African Community Vehicle Load Control, Act 2016 and its Regulations, 2017;
• Carries out activities as described in the Road Traffic (Maximum Weight of Vehicle) Regulations, 2001 which include the following
• Weights Motor Vehicles Gross Vehicle ( GVW)> 3.500 kg playing our public Roads
• Imposes road damage fees on the spot for overloaded motor vehicles;
• Measure physical dimensions of motor vehicle or any load being carried on the motor vehicle for determining compliance or non- compliance with vehicle dimension limits by the Transporter for provision of relevant advice;Records all necessary particulars regarding the motor vehicle being weighed;
• Observes good customer care, dignity and integrity;
• Reports all matters of respective shift to shift In-charge;
• Performs any other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the supervisor.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
All interested applicant are invited to apply and submit their application letters to the under- mentioned address not later than 23rd December, 2020 with their complete CVs, certified copies of all academic and professional certificate, name of three referees including former employer if any, applicant contact telephone number and postal address.
APPLICATION LETTERS SHOUD BE POSTED TO THE FOLLOWING ADDRESS
P.O. BOX 97
(KASULU ROAD UJENZI YARD)
E-mail: [email protected]
Deadline for submission is 23rd December, 2020 at 16:00 HRS.