4 Artisan Assistant Drillers
Jobs at:Tanzania Geothermal Development Company Limited (TGDC)
Deadline of this Job:
05 August 2022
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, July 25, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Duties And Responsibilities
• To receive instructions and adhere to drilling parameters;
• To receive and verify the status of operations and equipment handover of the previous shift before the beginning of new a shift;
• To check and set up the equipment necessary for the assigned shift, i.e. drill pipes and other tubular material, x-over, etc;
• To operate the rig during drilling activities;
• To participate in coordinating and controlling rig down/rig up operations;
• To assist the Driller and assure that reporting routines are followed, and that all equipment-related paperwork are carried out within area of responsibility;
• To ensure that all orders and instructions received verbally or in writing are fully understood and adhered to;
• To be safety conscious in all work and use personal protective equipment;
• To be responsible for safe working conditions on the rig at all times;
• To assist Driller to ensure that crew uses personal protective equipment;
• To be familiar with all relevant work and safety procedures issued by Company and Operator;
• To take part in emergency drills and safety meetings;
• To issue Safe job analysis before start-up of non-routine operation or job and ensure completion of risk assessments where required;
• To instruct all personnel assigned to assist the assistant driller of their duties and responsibilities and of any special safety precautions to be taken before start-up of any work;
• To report all accidents, near-miss accidents and non-conformance through proper channels;
• To ensure that good housekeeping is maintained on the drill floor.
Qualification And Experience
• Holder of Form Four Certificate, VETA certified NVA Level III/ Level II in Mechanics / Electrical from a recognized training institution.
• Safety knowledge and communication skills Proficient in computers, confident with Microsoft Packages: Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint etc.
• Experience with coring and air-hammer drilling and Fluent in the English and Swahili language will be an added advantage.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Professional Certificate
Job application procedure
To apply follow this link https://portal.ajira.go.tz/user/auth/login/5724