31 Electrical Technicians (Distribution)
Jobs at:Public Service Recruitment Secretariat
Deadline of this Job:
10 August 2020
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, July 29, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
United Republic Of Tanzania President’s Office Public Service Recruitment Secretariat
Ref.No.EA.7/96/01/J/249 28th July, 2020
VACANCIES ANNOUNCEMENT- TEMPORARY EMPLOYMENT
On behalf of Tanzania Electric Supply Company (TANESCO); Public Service Recruitment Secretariat (PSRS) invites dynamic and suitably qualified Tanzanians to fill 574 vacant posts mentioned below.
TANZANIA ELECTRIC SUPPLY COMPANY(TANESCO)
Tanzania Electric Supply Company Limited (TANESCO) is a Parastatal organization established by Memorandum and Articles of Association incorporated in 26th November 1931 which established Tanzania Electric Supply Company Limited (the then Tanganyika Electric Supply Company Limited -TANESCO). The Company generates purchases, transmits, distributes and sells electricity to Tanzania Mainland and sells bulk power to the Zanzibar Electricity Corporation (ZECO), which in turn sells it to the Public in islands of Unguja and Pemba. TANESCO owns most of the electricity generating, transmitting and distributing facilities in Tanzania Mainland with estimated population of 50 million.
31 Electrical Technicians (Distribution)
Workstation: Mara, Simiyu, Geita, Kagera, Mwanza, Kinondoni North & Ilala
Supervised By: Electrical Engineer .
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• To implement scheduled activities and work plans, construction and maintenance of distribution networks effectively and efficiently.
• To construct and maintain distribution lines network in accordance with the company procedures and standards to ensure access to electricity is maximized.
• To inspect customer’s installations to ensure standards set for safety and qualities of installations are met and security of supply is guaranteed.
• To assist supervisor/engineer in preparing short- & long-term plans construction/maintenance schedules for expansion of distribution network to increase the pace of electrification.
• To closely monitor load growth on secondary sub-station through periodic measurement to ensure that distribution lines and equipment’s are not overloaded.
• To conduct routine inspection of distribution lines and perform preventative and corrective maintenance to ensure continuity of supply to customers is maintained.
• To record periodic electrical testing, and recommends or initiates modification or replacement of equipment which fails to meet acceptable operating standards; and
• To ensure Safety of staff and equipment at all times and make sure that “Risk assessment” is conducted before carrying out any work as per standing TANESCO safety provisions.
Job Skills: Not Specified
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Form IV or VI plus Ordinary Diploma in Electrical Engineering OR Full Technician Certificate from recognized institution. Computer knowledge and skill is compulsory. GIS Knowledge and a possession of driving license class C, C1, C2 and E will be an added advantage.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
• All applicants must be Citizens of Tanzania generally with an age not above 45 years;
• These positions are conditional on a one-year term;
• For those who are employed under 12-months employment terms within TANESCO should not apply;
• For those who are employed in the Public Service in permanent terms should not apply;
• An applicant who is retired from the Public Service for whatever reason should not apply;
• Applicants must attach an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contacts; postal address/post code, e-mail and telephone numbers;
• Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement;
• Applicants must attach their certified copies of the following certificates;
Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma transcripts;
Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates;
Professional Registration and Training Certificates from respective Registration or Regulatory Bodies;
• Attaching copies of the following certificates is strictly not accepted
Form IV and form VI results slips;
Testimonials and all Partial transcripts;
• Overqualified candidates are not expected to apply;
• An applicants must upload recent Passport Size Photo in the Recruitment Portal;
• An applicants should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts;
• Certificates from foreign examination bodies for Ordinary or Advanced level education should be verified by The National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA) and National Council for Technical Education (NACTE);
• Certificates from Foreign Universities should be verified by The Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU);
• An applicant with special needs/case (disability) is supposed/advised to indicate;
• A signed application letter should be written either in Swahili or English language and Addressed to Secretary, Presidents Office, Public Service Recruitment Secretariat, Utumishi House, 8 Kivukoni Road, 11102 Dar Es Salaam;
• Deadline for application is 10th August, 2020.
• Only short listed candidates will be informed on a date for interview and;
• Presentation of forged certificates and other information will necessitate to legal action;
NOTE: All applications must be sent through Recruitment Portal by using the following address; http://portal.ajira.go.tz/ and not otherwise(This address also can be found at PSRS Website, Click ‘Recruitment Portal’). Released by SECRETARY PUBLIC SERVICE RECRUITMENT SECRETARIAT