3 Shift In – Charge
Jobs at:TANZANIA NATIONAL ROADS AGENCY (TANROADS)
Deadline of this Job:
07 May 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, May 03, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
TANZANIA NATIONAL ROADS AGENCY (TANROADS) is a Semi-Autonomous Agency under the Ministry of Works established on July 1, 2000 and is responsible for the day-to-day management of the Tanzania Mainland’s trunk and regional roads network. Its primary functions include the management of maintenance and development works, operations of the network and Axle Load Control, the implementation of road safety and environmental measures, provision of advice on the strategic framework, policies and plans for the road sector.
Regional Manager, TANROADS – DAR ES SALAAM is looking for suitable qualified Tanzanian candidates for available Posts at Potable Weighbridge Dar es Salaam. Applications are invited from suitable qualified and competent Tanzanians to apply for the following positions below… .
Duties and Responsibilities of shift In – Charge
The shift In – Charge who reports to the Regional Manager through the Axle Load Control Supervisor (ALCS) will be responsible for:
• Enforcing Road Traffic Axle Load Control by the use of Weighbridge scale devices;
• Supervising shift activities that among others including:
• Weighing motor vehicles Gross Vehicle Weight (GVW) >500Kg plying on our public Roads;
• Imposing road damage fees on the spot for overloaded vehicles;
• Measuring physical dimensions of motor vehicle or any load being carried on the motor vehicle for providing advices to transporters incase of non compliance with vehicle dimension limit;
• Recording all necessary particulars regarding the motor vehicle being weighed;
• Observing good customer care, dignity and integrity;
• Reporting all matters on Axle Load Control to the Regional Manager through the ALCS;
• Performing other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Regional Manager / ALCS;
Job Skills : Not Specified
Key qualifications for the Shift In – Charge;
• Holder of 1st Degree in any profession. (Higher qualification will be advantageous);
• Must be Computer literate (at least Advance Certificate in Computer Applications);
• Must be fluent in both written and spoken Kiswahili and English languages;
• Must be a Tanzanian Citizen;
• Between 35 and 40 years of age.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
All the interested and qualified Tanzanians are invited to submit their applications in writing enclosing detailed curriculum vitae and certified copies of relevant education and professional certificates, Birth Certificates together with names of two referees and their contact addresses, telephone number (s) and e-mail addresses, so as to reach the addressee mentioned below not later that 07th May, 2021. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Please apply to:
P.O. Box 4838,
Dar es Salaam.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.