(3) Operators 1 - Fuel
Jobs at:Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML)
Deadline of this Job:
30 July 2021
Within Tanzania , Geita , East Africa
Date Posted: Saturday, July 24, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
ABOUT GEITA GOLD MINING LTD
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of North Western Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s South East of the nearest point of Lake Victoria. The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Operator 1 - Fuel
Contract type & Duration: Unspecified time contract
Reporting to: Senior Supervisor - TFM
Number of Positions: Three (3)
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The purpose of the role is to provide an optimal fuel dispensing to mining fleets and record all the transactions.
• A minimum certificate of Secondary School Education (CSEE) and above
• Fluency both in English and Kiswahili
• A minimum of 1-year experience in fuel handling and distribution specifically in Mining industry or any fuel handling and distribution company.
MAIN OR KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
• Inspect the working area and ensure it is clean and safe for work.
• Monitor the movement of mining fleets in and out of the refueling area avoiding collision.
• Dispense fuel into the all authorized fleets coming at the fuel farm for refueling, record the transaction and submit a refueling report every end of shift.
• Inspect and report of any noted malfunction of the fuel management system (LAS) during the refueling activities, report all spillage incidents and any potential spillage.
• Perform well notable work behaviors in line with the company values, policies, standards and procedures.
• Report to your supervisor/manager of anything potential to operational failures for immediate action.
• Any recognized lubrication and fuel handling courses.
• Having (LAS) course is and Introduction to TFM level1 is an added advantage.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 12
Level of Education: High School
Job application procedure
• Please apply through our recruitment portal https://career5.successfactors.eu/career?career%5fns=job%5flisting&company=AGAprod&navBarLevel=JOB%5fSEARCH&rcm%5fsite%5flocale=en%5fUS&career_job_req_id=16398&selected_lang=en_US&jobAlertController_jobAlertId=&jobAlertController_jobAlertName=&browserTimeZone=Africa/Nairobi&_s.crb=CbRK0d5SeFkzGkQHSfg4IPa6Ai66lICuxBYtZW%2bjDns%3d
• On the portal you will be required to upload your detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, e- mail and telephone contacts, names and addresses of three referees. Please do not attach certificates that are not related to the qualifications stated above.
• You will also be required to upload a cover / application letter addressed to “Senior Manager Human Resources, Geita Gold Mining Ltd”. Subject should be “Operator 1-Fuel”
• You will be required to present original certificates if you are contacted for interviews.
• Internal Applicants (those currently employed by AngloGold Ashanti) must have their application letter endorsed by their Head of Department (HOD) or Manager once Removed (MoR).
• Applications should reach the above on or before 30th July 2021 at 5:30 Pm
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
BEWARE OF CONMEN! GGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Security Department, Investigation Unit, by calling +255 28 216 01 40 Ext 1559 (rates apply) or use our whistle-blowing channels by sending an SMS to +27 73 573 8075 (SMS rates apply) or emailing [email protected] or use the internet at www.tip-offs.com