Deadline of this Job:
14 September 2020
Within Tanzania , Tanga , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, September 02, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Short Term Employment Opportunities
Specific Task Employment (STE)
Vacant Position: Artisans-Linesman/Women (250 POSTS)
Reports To: Project Foreman/Supervisor
Reporting Office: Tanga Regional Office, Kilindi, Handeni, Korogwe, Lushoto, Pangani, Mkinga And Muheza Districts.
Issued Date: 01th September, 2020
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: One Month’s Contract or based on Project duration
The Tanzania Electric Supply Company (TANESCO) is focusing on increasing the outreach and service quality of its Energy products for Tanzanian people. Next to its current passion as a leading provider of electricity is to be more efficient customer focused utility for Tanzania and beyond. The Company has the largest electricity generation, transmission and distribution network in Tanzania. In order to reach its goals, the Company will, in the coming years invest heavily in its generation, transmission and distribution network, its business systems and human capital. TANESCO now invites applicants who are self-motivated, honest, and hardworking and committed individuals to fill the under-mentioned posts in order to speed up the execution of various short period projects for distribution of electricity in Tanga Region. .
SPECIFIC ATTRIBUTES OF APPLICANT:
All Candidates must have:
• Ability to learn fast and adapt to change easily.
• Ability to work under pressure, tight deadlines and up to odd hours, including weekends and public holidays.
• Team Work ability.
Responsible for execution of mains works in Construction, Maintenance, voltage improvement projects for the Region/District & Sub Office.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Constructs and maintain distribution lines network in accordance with the company procedures and standards.
• Excavates holes for poles erection to ensure they excavated according to the company standards and measurements.
• Strings electrical conductors to distribution lines in a proper manner based on Engineering Instructions and Safety Rules.
• Connects power to the customers timely and according to the Company Standards so as to ensure customers’ safety to their lives and properties from being endangered by power supplied.
• Use safety gears properly and adhere to Safety procedures.
KEY KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED FOR THE JOB
• Holder of Trade Test Grade III, II or I, Electrical Certificate from VETA or any recognized institution.
• Form IV and/or VI Secondary School Academic Certificates (School Leaving Certificates will not accepted).
Successful candidates will be paid as per TANESCO’ Salary Scale for Specific Task Employment.
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
If you are interested in the position, please apply by sending a brief application letter enclosing concise curriculum vitae, Academic Certificates and indicate three referees. CLOSING DATE: Applications should reach the undersigned not later than 14th September, 2020 at 17:00hrs.
TANESCO – TANGA,
P. O BOX 5048,
Email: [email protected]