Jobs at:TANZANIA NATIONAL ROADS AGENCY (TANROADS)
Deadline of this Job:
07 May 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, May 03, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
TANZANIA NATIONAL ROADS AGENCY (TANROADS) is a Semi-Autonomous Agency under the Ministry of Works established on July 1, 2000 and is responsible for the day-to-day management of the Tanzania Mainland’s trunk and regional roads network. Its primary functions include the management of maintenance and development works, operations of the network and Axle Load Control, the implementation of road safety and environmental measures, provision of advice on the strategic framework, policies and plans for the road sector.
Regional Manager, TANROADS – DAR ES SALAAM is looking for suitable qualified Tanzanian candidates for available Posts at Potable Weighbridge Dar es Salaam. Applications are invited from suitable qualified and competent Tanzanians to apply for the following positions below… .
Duties and Responsibilities of the Cashier
The holder of this post who reports to Head of Accounts and Administration will be responsible for:
• Enforcing of Road Traffic Axle Load Control by the use of Weighbridge scale devices;
• Carrying out activities as described in the Road Traffic (maximum Weigh of Vehicles) Regulations, 2001 which include the following:
• Collecting and banking all Weighbridge charges (fees) according to weighbridge report form;
• Seeking current USD exchange rates issued by Bank of Tanzania for case of imposing charges that are equivalent to Tanzania Shilling;
• Filling all records timely;
• Maintaining asset register;
• Observing good customer care, dignity and integrity;
• Reporting all matters to the ALCS;
• Performing other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Head of Accounts and Administration / ALCS.
Job Skills : Not Specified
Key qualifications for the Cashier;
• Holder of Ordinary Secondary Education / Advance Secondary Education and ATEC, NABE stage III or equivalent (Higher qualification will be advantageous);
• Must be Computer literate (at least Advance Certificate in Computer Applications);
• Must be fluent in both written and spoken Kiswahili and English languages;
• Must be a Tanzanian Citizen;
• Not above 35 years of age
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: High School
Job application procedure
All the interested and qualified Tanzanians are invited to submit their applications in writing enclosing detailed curriculum vitae and certified copies of relevant education and professional certificates, Birth Certificates together with names of two referees and their contact addresses, telephone number (s) and e-mail addresses, so as to reach the addressee mentioned below not later that 07th May, 2021. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Please apply to:
P.O. Box 4838,
Dar es Salaam.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.