Jobs at:The Prime Minister's Office
Deadline of this Job:
30 July 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, July 19, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Procurement Officer-1 Post
Procurement Officer should perform his duties by adhering to procurement guidelines set out in the Public Procurement Act.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Undertake or clear Procurement Risk Matrix assessments;
• Prepare or clear procurement related sections of Programme Concept Notes and Programme Design Reports including the Integrated Risk Framework, the Programme Implementation Manual, The 18-month Procurement Plan, Financing Agreement and Letter to the Borrower;
• Review and/or clear procurement activities and process requiring IFAD's prior review and advice from Country Director regarding issuance of No Objections.
• Undertake or clear programme procurement reviews;
• Provide inputs to procurement issues in supervision missions;
• Support procurement training and capacity building;
• Undertake portfolio-wide analysis of procurement performance trends and risks
Master's Degree in Procurement, Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, financial Management or any other related field.
• At least five years progressively responsible experience in public purchasing, including supervisory responsibilities, operations and procurement of technical equipment, goods and services and relevant commodities preferably in high performing Public Institution or regional and international organization.
• Combined knowledge and Experience with Government of Tanzania and IFAD financial management and accounting systems, procurement and evaluating quotes, bids, tenders and drafting contracts.
• Experience in IFAD Funded projects will be added advantage.
Two years contract, renewable for 6 years based on performance with 6 months' probation period.
Duty Station: Dodoma-Tanzania
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Qualified candidates should submit their application, including a letter of interest, complete Curriculum Vitae and copies of Academic qualification to:
Prime Minister's Office, Policy, Coordination, Parliament, Labour, Youth, Employment and the Disabled,
P.O.Box Box 980,
Government City- Mtumba