Personal Assistant to the Ambassador
Jobs at:Embassy of Denmark
Deadline of this Job:
10 July 2020
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, June 30, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Denmark has a long-standing and strong partnership with Tanzania. Development cooperation continues to be a major element of the partnership, which also includes other areas, such as commercial relations and cooperation on foreign policy, regional as well as global. Find more information about the Danish Embassy at http://tanzania.um.dk .
Duties and responsibilities:
The successful candidate will have demonstrated administrative, organizational and communication skills. Specifically, the Personal Assistant will support the Ambassador with:
• Time Management: Organizing the Ambassador’s diary, including arranging dates/times for meetings, in close collaboration with Embassy team. Pre-meeting verification and follow up. Dealing with last minute schedule changes. Receiving visitors to the Ambassador’s office. Arranging programmes for official travel domestic and abroad.
• Entertainment: Arranging, in close consultation with Embassy team and Residence staff, events at the Ambassador Residence, including securing dates, issuing of invitations and follow up as appropriate.
• Point of contact: Handling of correspondence and phone calls with government officials, representatives of the Tanzanian society at large, the diplomatic community, incoming Danish visitors etc. Maintain and update the Embassy’s contact data-base.
• Drafting basic letters, official correspondence etc. as directed by the Ambassador
• Translation of documents and speeches from English to Kiswahili and vice versa.
• General office management including logging the Ambassador’s travel, leave and monthly activities.
• Arranging official visit programmes and meetings
• Assisting Danish/foreign staff at the Embassy applying for and renewing residence and work permits and as well as duty clearances.
• Perform other duties assigned by the Ambassador.
Job Skills: Not Specified
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• Excellent secretarial and administrative skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office. Excellent organization skills and keen eye for details.
• Excellent command of written and spoken English and Kiswahili.
• 3-5 years substantive experience in relevant positions, preferably as Personal Assistant to an Executive in an Embassy or international organization.
• Degree in relevant academic field.
• Ability to multi-task and work as a team player.
• High level of professional integrity and service mindedness
• Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to be professional, courteous and deal directly with key players at a senior level.
If you are interested in this exciting career opportunity, e-mail us your CV (maximum 5 pages) and one page application letter explaining your suitability for the role. Please, do not include your certificates. Write “PA_Ambassador” in your e-mail subject line
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Executive Search and Selection Division Prospect Africa Limited e-mail: [email protected]