Flight Operations Developmental Inspector (Small Aircraft)
Jobs at:Tanzania Civil Aviation Authority
Deadline of this Job:
06 January 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, December 29, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
On behalf of Tanzania Civil Aviation Authority, (TCAA) Public Service Recruitment Secretariat invites qualified Tanzanians to fill nine (9) vacant posts mentioned below;-
TANZANIA CIVIL AVIATION AUTHORITY (TCAA)
Tanzania Civil Aviation Authority, (TCAA) was established by the enactment of the Tanzania Civil Aviation Authority Act 2003 Cap 80 (R.E 2006) to regulate the Civil Aviation Industry in the United Republic of Tanzania in order to ensure effective implementation of Standards and Recommended Practices (SARPs) as provided in the Annexes of the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO). The Authority is also responsible for economic regulation of the activities of persons and institutions providing air transport services and aeronautical airport services. Additionally, the Authority provides air navigation services in Tanzania. .
To assist in ensuring compliance with the regulatory requirements as well as to provide effective and efficient safety oversight of aircraft operators, flight crew and approved training organizations in compliance with national and international standards.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• To assist in enforcement, investigations and in preparation of final reports and recommendations on disposition;
• To participate in accident/incident and complaint investigations;
• To assist in evaluation of air operators, air agencies, and makes recommendations to the supervisor or assigned qualified Inspector in the specific task;
• To assist in evaluation of training programs to ensure they meet the requirements of CAA regulations, including flight simulators, training devices, and other such equipment, as well as check personnel;
• To assist in personnel certification;
• To assist in monitoring pilots, flight instructors, designated pilot examiners, check airmen, aviation organization operations and training activities and advise on appropriate action against non-compliance; and
• To perform any other related duties as may be assigned by immediate supervisor.
FLIGHT CREW PERSONNEL LICENSING
• To assist carrying out the assessment of applications for license, rating, certificates and validations and recommend for issue or renewal;
• To assist in preparing and reviewing periodic syllabi for license and rating examination for pilots, cabin crew and dispatchers, defining the qualifying conditions and standards;
• To assist in making inquiries on verification of foreign licenses for conversion or validations;
• To assist in maintaining records of applications, licenses and certificates and ensure completeness, integrity and accessibility by authorized personnel;
• To maintain pilots, flight operation officers and cabin crew registers
• To propose review of licensing fees schedule ;
• To assist in investigating on possible violations of legislation and regulation with respect to personnel licensing as per set procedures and initiate enforcement actions;
• To assist in carrying out the assessment and recommendation in relation to applicants for issue of an Approved Training Organization (ATO) and carry out base inspection of ATO to ensure adherence with certification standards ; and
• To perform any other related duties as assigned by immediate supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Advanced Secondary Education certificate majoring in science subjects with either a professional license, Commercial Pilot License (CPL) or Airline Transport Pilot License (ATPL).
Flying experience of at least 5 years and a minimum of 1000 flight hours as a Pilot.
The candidates must be self-motivated, efficient, committed and able to work under minimum supervision, strong team spirit, ability to interact and work effectively with both team Members and Superiors and pay respect to directives.
REMUNERATIONS AND GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The successful candidate will be appointed on contract for unspecified period of time and the position attracts a Salary Scale of TCAA FSS.1
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
• All applicants must be Citizens of Tanzania not above 45 years of age except for those who are in Public Service;
• Applicants must attach an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contacts; postal address/post code, e-mail and telephone numbers;
• Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement;
• Applicants must attach their certified copies of the following certificates:-
• Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma/Certificates;
• Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma transcripts;
• Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates;
• Professional Registration and Training Certificates from respective Registration or Regulatory Bodies, (where applicable);
• Birth certificate;
• Attaching copies of the following certificates is strictly not accepted:-
• Form IV and form VI results slips;
• Testimonials and all Partial transcripts;
• Overqualified candidates should not apply;
• An applicant must upload recent Passport Size Photo in the Recruitment Portal;
• An applicant employed in the Public Service should route his application letter through his respective employer;
• An applicant who is retired from the Public Service for whatever reason should not apply;
• An applicant should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts;
• Certificates from foreign examination bodies for Ordinary or Advanced level education should be verified by The National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA).
• Professional certificates from foreign Universities and other training institutions should be verified by The Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU) and National Council for Technical Education (NACTE);
• An applicant with special needs/case (disability) is supposed/advised to indicate;
• A signed application letter should be written either in Swahili or English language and Addressed to Secretary, Presidents Office, Public Service Recruitment Secretariat, P. O. Box 2320, Jengo la Utumishi Chuo Kikuu Dodoma & Eneo la Asha Rose Migiro, Dodoma; Deadline for application is 6th January, 2021;
• Only short listed candidates will be informed on a date for interview and;
Presentation of forged certificates and other information will necessitate to legal action;
All applications must be sent through Recruitment Portal by using the following address; http://portal.ajira.go.tz/ and not otherwise (This address also can be found at PSRS Website, Click ‘Recruitment Portal’)
Released by: SECRETARY PUBLIC SERVICE RECRUITMENT SECRETARIAT