Senior Video Producer
Deadline of this Job:
06 August 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, July 23, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
We’re looking for a field-based Senior Video Producer to join Compassion’s highly creative, international Global Story team. You will be responsible for leading and executing complex, external-facing, end-to-end visual storytelling projects using cutting-edge technical, creative, and soft skills. This person will drive assignments from ideation all the way to completion, shoulder to shoulder with other creative specialists in a highly collaborative, remote team environment. This role has a critical emphasis on navigating, understanding, and partnering with Compassion’s international offices in 25 countries. You must be capable of not only leading and directing creative teams but also jumping into creative projects that require hands-on skills across all stages of production, especially nonlinear editing.
What does this person do?
• Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, maintains a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of Compassion, and faithfully upholds Compassion’s ministry in prayer.
• Acts as an advocate for children. Understands and advances Christ’s mandate to protect children. Raises awareness of the needs of children and takes active steps to help protect against neglect, abuse, and exploitation of children. Promotes the dignity, respect, positive treatment, potential of children in all circumstances. Encourages the involvement of others in helping children in need. Reports and appropriately supports responses to incidents of harm of children if they occur.
• Leads and directs a team of cross-functional creative professionals to ideate, present and produce brand content solutions and deliverables from concept to launch.
• Manages a complex production project schedule and delivery of large-scale brand and marketing assets. Ensures delivery of assets in a timely fashion and in accordance with Compassion’s established brand standards.
• Forges partnerships to achieve desired production outcomes while communicating clearly and efficiently with brand partners as well as contractors, agencies, and production companies.
• Manages multiple concurrent projects from start to finish with clarity, creativity, and subject matter expertise.
• Uses advanced, hands-on skills to shoot cinematic or journalistic video, record audio, and interview story characters.
• Uses a DSLR camera and artificial lighting to shoot photographs according to creative briefs.
• Uses nonlinear editing software to assemble RAW content into high-impact, finished video assets.
• Coaches and provides expertise, and may oversee the work of other professionals and support staff in the creative production discipline.
Has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
Accountable for supporting, upholding, and engaging in Compassion’s core “Cultural Behaviors” in all internal and external communication and relationships.
What does this person have?
• 6+ years of professional experience working in this or similar field.*
• Bachelor’s Degree in Film, Digital Media, Journalism, Video Production, or similar.
• Recent hands-on video production and post-production experience, including at least three years of experience in executing on-location video assignments in cross-cultural or international settings.
• Demonstrated capabilities to communicate and work in international cross-cultural settings.
• Excellent and creative communication skills, both written and verbal, in English.
• Proficiency in at least one of the languages spoken in Compassion countries preferred.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 72
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Apply at: https://compassion.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/CompassionCareers/job/Kenya/Senior-Video-Producer_R896?source=Linkedin