Senior Supplies Officer
Jobs at:Tanzania-Zambia Railway Authority (TAZARA)
Deadline of this Job:
22 April 2022
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, March 28, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Tanzania-Zambia Railway Authority (TAZARA) is a statutory institution owned by the two Governments of the United Republic of Tanzania and the Republic of Zambia on a 50/50 shareholding basis. The Authority is incorporated by the Acts of Parliament of the two contracting states, with its Registered Head Office being in Dar es Salaam,Tanzania and two Regional Administrative Centres, one in Mpika, Zambia and the other in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
The position of Senior Supplies Officer has fallen vacant at Tanzania Cost and Profit Centre (TCPC). Applicatioas are invited from suitably qualified Tanzanians as follows:
Job Title: Senior Supplies Officer
Location: Dares Salaam (1 Position)
Reporting to: Regional General Manager (RGM)
Job Purpose: To oversee matters relating to procurement, logistics, and stock control in the Tanzania Region.
The following constitute the main duties:
• To plan procurement activities in accordance with the supplies procedures, regulations and instructions in order to effectively aim at streamlining operations so as to realize the set objectives.
• To coordinate and administer procurements, receipt of materials, storage and stock control.
• To plan, coordinate, control stocks, issue stocks, undertake stock replenishment, keep records properly, determine re-ordeal level and procurement programs to avoid stock outs (ensure continuous flow of goods).
• To carry out suppliers’ appraisal analysis in order to come up with the most economical suppliers.
• To inform the Regional General Manager and user departments on stock position of the main/crucial materials on daily basis and suggest the necessary measures required to be undertaken in order to avoid operational stoppages when stock outs are observed. To facilitate communication plans and decision making.
• To prepare Annual Operating Budget for the Department at Regional level and control the expenditures thereof.
• To prepare monthly, quarterly and annual reports, showing various activities covered within the period under view and submission of the same to the Regional Management and Head Office for decision making.
• To be accountable for sale and disposal of all disposable obsolete, surplus stocks and assets alter Authority has been granted.
• To be the Secretary to the Regional Tender Committee and to contribute positively to the tendering activities.
• Form iv/vi
• Bachelor’s degree/ advanced diploma in procurement supply/logistics or its equivalent from a reputable university or institution
• Certified procurement supply professional (PSP) and a frill member of procurement and supplies professional and technical board (PSPTB)
• Minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in the relevant field, two of which should be at Senior Officer level.
• Not less than 30 years of age.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: High School
Job application procedure
Only candidates who meet the specified requirement need to apply to the address indicated below, enclosing their detailed curriculum vitae, certified copies of educational certificates, names and address of three traceable references.
The Human Resource Manager
Tanzania Zambia Railway Authority
Junction of Nelson Mandela & Julius Nyenere Road
Closing date for receiving application letters is Friday 22ndApril 2022 at 17:hours.
Only short-listed candidates will be communicated to.