Responsible to grow and manage Bancassurance portfolio and to identified business opportunities for all lines of business; to provide leadership and direction to the business development team including business retention thus achieving the delivery of the Business Budget as well as ensuring sustainable, profitable business operations and establishing CRDB insurance agent as the most remarkable agent readily recognized within Tanzania.
- Responsible for overseeing the daily insurance sales in the organization.
- Ensures compliance with organizational policies, procedures and quality standards including TIRA.
- Work in close coordination with different stakeholders to develop business strategy and articulate action plans to drive the focus of business towards archiving the company objectives.
- Undertakes internal and external training initiatives to expand the technical skills of underwriters across the Banks.
- Responsible for ensuring all renewals are done on time and ensure maximum client retention while generating more leads and support in the closing of the same.
- Develop and review all business proposals for new products and clients for quality assurance.
- To drive and support Zonal and Branch managements in terms of renewals and business acquisitions.
- Validate all proposals/inquiries/quotations received directly or through the Branches for compliance.
- Provides underwriting technical guidance on matters related to defining the scope of cover, development of policy terms, premium finance, the tenor of coverage etc. to Zone and branches in ensuring the achievement of the targets.
- Analyse sales data on sales results and develop plans to address performance gaps.
- Responsible for proposing and implementing cost-effective solutions for the efficient and effective operations of the Bank.
- Find new customers and persuade existing ones to buy extra services/products (Cross and upselling).
- Submission accurate, quality and timely business reports and use these to compile departmental reports for review by senior management and the Bank management in terms of daily, weekly and monthly.
- Monitor competitor activity and advise the senior management team on opportunities/threats that are presented by such activities.
- Gathering information from clients, assessing their insurance needs and risk profile.
- Building and maintaining ongoing relationships with clients including scheduling and attending meetings and understanding the nature of clients’ businesses or lives.
- Researching insurance companies policies and negotiating with underwriters to find the most suitable insurance for clients at the best price.
- Arranging specialized types of insurance cover in complex cases; this may involve preparing reports for insurance underwriters and surveyors and negotiating with insurers.
- To participate in driving the different Insurance marketing initiatives/campaigns. This will include ad hoc activities/promotions for the branches and media.
- To steer the development of new products with the other departments.
- Oversee the process of bidding the tenders and after-sale services to corporate clients.
- Check also More Than 200+ New Jobs Available in Your City Apply Now
Experience, Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Bachelor Degree in Business, Insurance or any other related field from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 5 years within the insurance industry with 4 years of sales experience.
- Self-starter, excellent planning & organization skills.