Senior Manager Government Business
Job Location :Capital Office, Dodoma
The incumbent will be required to grow and retain business, deepen penetration and manage relationship between the bank and the Central Government.
- Provide effective leadership to the team of HQ/Capital Office Relationship Managers dealing with Central Government Portfolio.
- Work closely with other departments e.g., Retail, Strategy, Institution Banking, Treasury, Trade Finance and other major areas of the bank to promote the sales and implementation of complex financial products and services as well as transactional & other solutions as well as providing link with available business opportunities.
- Assist in preparation of formal presentations and take lead in organizing business meetings/calls with Central Government entities.
- Actively support the head of department in drawing up business strategy in line with the bank’s strategy e.g., MTP
- Provide advice on long term government business retention plans for the Central Government.
- Take lead in marketing intelligence as well as advising the head of department/bank about various changes/initiatives that are being taken within the government and the kind of intervention to pursue.
- Provide professional advice to Central Government and other government stakeholders.
- Manage a portfolio of existing Government Banking relationships; providing consultative solutions of products and services to meet customer’s needs and enhance banking relationship.
- Hold periodical/annual Relationship Managers Performance review to ensure targets are met and determine where improvement is needed.
- Support unit’s growth and profitability through effective development of new businesses. Allocate at least 50 to 75 of time to effective calling activities on existing and potential customers and identify business needs and corresponding sales opportunities throughout the bank.
Knowledge and Skills:
- In-depth understanding of Government transactions/projects, banking industry or sector trends.
- Demonstrated ability to link identified business opportunities with internal players (business units).
- Technical Assessing & analyzing client financial needs/conditions
- Behavioral Building Partnerships, Building a Successful Team, Communication, Formal Presentation, Leading through Vision & Values, Persuasiveness & Strong sales skills.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent in Banking, Finance, Business Administration or any other relevant studies from a recognized higher learning institution
- At least 5 years’ experience in a Government/Institution or corporate relationship management role, with a good track record of sales to Government Entities/Corporate clients
- Proven capabilities in building and managing business relations; coaching and leading effective teams to achieve desired goals.
- Proven desire to engage and offer good experience to government customers and other stakeholders
- Experience in handling sensitive client’s portfolio
Experience :5.0 Year(s)
The deadline for submitting the application is 07 May 2022.