Jobs at:Maersk Tanzania
Deadline of this Job:
15 February 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, February 12, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
We are looking for an experienced Sales Executive with strong logistics and services background, looking to embark on an exciting career with us in Tanzania. As Sales Executive you will be responsible for the commercial and financial development of a portfolio of clients focusing on supply chain solutions and partnership to achieve long term success. .
You will be expected to:
• Build a strong, profitable and value-based sales approach, with a proactive and customer-eccentric mindset;
• Drive effective sales initiatives resulting in revenue creation for landslide activities, contributing to top line growth.
We offer you an exciting international career opportunity at Maersk with exposure to a challenging business environment, characterized by high pace, diversity and with competitive benefits.
In this position, the successful candidate will have an opportunity to acquire skills and knowledge in the following areas:
• General exposure to terminal management;
• Enhanced exposure to Commercial activities.
• Manage assigned customers and budget base; pursue and secure business in line with the sales objectives;
• Establish strong, multi-level, win/win relationships with new and existing customers (including main decision makers and influencers);
• Build a good understanding of target customers and the assigned account base (contact, commodities, trade lanes, type of business, contract information including exceptions and service requirements);
• Effectively handover to Customer Service, Operations, Finance etc for terms and conditions agreed with customers in their contracts;
• Actively engage Customer Service /delivery team into relevant customer contacts to improve strategic relationships, to proactively resolve problems;
• Analyze Market Intelligence sources and use data to drive sales efforts and lead generation;
• Actively manage key stakeholders at origin countries and other contact offices to ensure relationships are built;
• Active use of Lead Management in Sales Database and monitor sales pipeline to ensure targets are met;
• Focus on customer experience and satisfaction;
• Engage effectively with internal stakeholders in respective ( sales leaders, product managers) for Logistics and Services to be effective in identifying and winning opportunities;
• Focus on Logistics and Services solution sales with most important customers (Key Clients) by identifying and qualifying opportunities with them (through direct customer engagements);
• Lead the identification of customer’s Logistics and Services needs/ pain points and develop tailored APMT value proposition to fit customer needs;
• Drive and closely monitor volume and revenue to optimize profit and (over)achieve yearly volume, revenue target.
We are looking for
• A values driven individual with a Bachelor's degree with at least 5 years’ sales experience within the logistics and services industry;
• Consultative sales experience in logistics demonstrating customer-centric mindset in direct customer engagements;
• Excellent understanding of logistics solutions and operations covering all modes of international transportation, warehousing and distribution, e-commerce;
• Proficient in stakeholder management with proven capability to build strong networks and influence decision makers in a matrix organization structure;
• Self-starter, self-motivator, comfortable with high level of autonomy, while also a team player;
• Good command in English, both in written and oral communications.
• Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills;
• Personal Integrity and adherence to company’s values.
Job Education Experience: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
To apply please click here https://jobsearch.maersk.com/jobposting/index.html?id=AT-257065