Reservations & Safaris Manager
Jobs at:Mwiba Holdings Limited
Deadline of this Job:
27 September 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, September 15, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
RESERVATIONS & SAFARIS MANAGER – (1 POST)
Mwiba Holdings Limited is registered Tanzanian Company under Companies Ordinance (Cap. 212) and a leading Hospitality company with its Operations in Arusha, Meatu-Simiyu and Mara Regions.
We are currently looking for Reservations & Safaris Manager to be part of our team and provide support to all our tourist facilities and enhance Photographic Safari Experience.
KEY RESULT AREAS / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
• Thorough knowledge and consistent application of all reservations systems, policies and procedures.
• Overseeing all reservations and safaris for our properties ensuring that, all reservations are loaded into respective reservation systems, monitoring agent’s emails trends and safari operations requests.
• Sound knowledge of Tanzania and East Africa, understanding travel logistics and an ability to create tailored itineraries.
• Be a back up to the LEX properties and touring consultants in their absence.
• Manage tentative and confirmed reservations in the system
• Administering safari designing i.e. checking availability, booking, quoting, tailoring an itinerary, invoicing and monitoring confirmations.
• Oversee bookings for all Mwiba Holdings photographic properties this will include airport transfers, accommodation, flights, airports meet and greets etc. for all company’s agents
• Be in charge and take control of safaris by ensuring all overbookings quarrels are timely resolved and be available to solve any client issues arising while on safari.
• Developing safari rates, sharing and updating rates changes with Company’s agents, advising your team on timing and charges for trip cancellation and familiarization (FAM) trips.
• Overall responsible of day to day operations and running of LEX office i.e. in charge of reservation, LEX accounts, safaris and operations.
• Responsible for LEX office’s administration by planning and approving of departmental duties roster, departmental leave and off days.
• Working closely with HR to motivate and provide leadership and counselling to all staff at all levels to ensure a well organised, motivated and efficient work force.
• Hold weekly departmental meetings and utilise leadership and motivation skills to maximize employee productivity and satisfaction.
• Be part of recruitment for all LEX employees.
• Continuously endeavours to improve the department’s efficient operation.
• Manage relationships with other departments, Tour Operators, Travel Agents, Guests and suppliers.
• Attend Revenue meetings and implement strategies with reservations team
• Complete reports as and when required.
• Checking and approving all departmental requests and, reviewing all invoices (including third party services and park fee invoices against sales forms).
• Work closely with sales and marketing team and be part of marketing research to identify selling possibilities and evaluate customer/agent’s needs.
• Actively seeking out new sales opportunities through cold calling, networking and social media.
PROFESSIONAL AND INTERPERSONAL DETAILS
• Bachelor’s degree in tourism/reservation or equivalent in related field.
• An advanced level of computer literacy with special focus on hospitality data use systems, as well as, Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Experience and Skills:
• A minimum of 5 years in Reservations & Safaris.
• Ability to effectively listen, communicate and perform diplomatically with internal and external stakeholders, agents, guests and staff in all situations.
• High level of leadership skills as well as a team player who demonstrates the ability to build and develop successful department.
• Have a positive demeanor and ‘can do’ attitude in order to steer team into the future.
• Have the ability to work through periods of high demand and ready to work on weekends.
• Ability to maintain physical stamina.
• A passion for hospitality and the photographic safari industry.
• Have a positive attitude and the ability to think out of the box.
• Assertiveness, patient and possessing good organizational skills.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s and copy of certificates to HR Office through Reception (for hard copies) or via e-mail to: [email protected]
We offer equal employment opportunities to qualified men and women. If you are not contacted by HR Department within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following; competency assessment; physical capability assessment and reference checking.
Please forward applications before 27th September 2021