QSST- Procurement Manager
Deadline of this Job:
15 August 2022
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, July 26, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
About this Job:
Q-Sourcing Limited, trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec, is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Tanzania, Uganda, Kenya, Rwanda, and South Sudan.
On behalf of one of our Tanzania based client, we are looking for a competent and experienced Procurement Manager.
Job Summary :
The Procurement Manager will be responsible for the procurement of a wide variety of commodities, materials, supplies, equipment, and services for the country. Ensure that procurement costs are kept to a minimum and goods and services are sourced competitively.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Monitor and analyse trends in spending in country in order to make recommendations for the future, and to identify areas for possible savings.
• Implement, and enforce supplier and outsourcer guidelines, obligations, and service level agreements to the organization.
• Develop and implement all in country and Group purchasing policies and procedures, in conjunction with department heads and department-specific requirements.
• Analyze trends and market conditions for the present and future pricing, availability, lead-time, and capacity of goods and services.
• Interview, identify, and qualify potential new vendors or suppliers in order to secure more cost-effective sources of products and services.
• Develop and deliver purchasing reports, bid proposals, requirements documentation, and tender documents.
Acquisition & Deployment
• Define purchasing recommendations that support business goals, in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
• Negotiate pricing, terms and conditions of sale and warranties of goods and products with key suppliers and vendors.
• Negotiate pricing, terms, and conditions of contracts with contractors and/or service providers.
• Practice asset management for in country property and equipment.
• Draft and submit budget proposals and recommend subsequent budget changes as needed.
• Direct and manage sourcing strategies from beginning to end.
• Monitor vendor, service provider, outsourcer, and/or contractor performance to ensure quality of service
• Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the organization’s executives, department heads, and end users regarding pertinent sourcing activities.
• Effectively communicate procurement strategies to stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
• Where necessary, develop and implement plans to auction, recycle or otherwise sell obsolete inventory and equipment.
• Where necessary, coordinate delivery, installation, and storage of all purchased goods and services.
• Control and perform the cost reduction program in country: Lead time and payment terms
• Analyse the cost structure for order items in country, expenses, analyse the cost compared with competitive items and suppliers include local and overseas market analyze the cost of transportation and location, others.
• Reduce in country procurement costs
• Preparation of the procurement budget as per the set guidelines
• Monitor and control the allocated budget.
• Identify and mitigate risk due to change in procurement operations.
• Ensure regulatory compliance in execution of activities in country.
• Adherence to all Group and In Country Policies and Procedures.
• Prepare and submit required in country warehouse reports.
Minimum Qualification and Experience requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in Procurement or related field. CPSP (T)
• Excellent understanding of procurement processes and their interdependencies.
• Experience and good understanding in third party management and Knowledge of continuous improvement program and cost cutting initiatives within procurement.
• 5 to 7 years relevant experience in procurement management in FMCG or manufacturing Industry
• Must be of unquestionable integrity, Honesty, Trustworthiness and Professionalism
• Must be a team player
• Must be a self-starter and have an appreciation of business growth and priorities.
• Strong Leadership potential to effectively drive a business agenda and operational coordination of activities.
• Advanced experience with MS Office, SAP ERP
• Working Knowledge of Procurement Management
• Solid experience in Supplier Development, Negotiations, and third-party vendor management.
• SAP Procurement Module Management Skills
• Data Analytical Skills
• Negotiation Management
• People Management
• Self-Starter & Action Oriented
• Ability to harness peer Relationships
• Agile and Driven
• Problem Solving
• Communication Skills
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
All candidates who meet the criteria outlined as above are encouraged to send their CVs/Resumes to: [email protected] not later than 08th August 2022
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
This position is open for Local only.
For any further clarifications call 0692961040