Property Management Clerk, G-4 (TEMPORARY)
Deadline of this Job:
08 August 2021
Within Rwanda , Arusha , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, July 27, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job title: Property Management Clerk, G-4 (TEMPORARY)
Temporary Job Opening (Duration until 31 December 2021)
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS : 08 August 2021
OFFICE : Registry/ General Services Section
LOCATION : Arusha
JOB OPENING NUMBER : 2021/TJO/IRMCT/REG/GSS/119-GS
United Nations Core Values: Integrity, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity
Organizational setting and Reporting:
This position is located in the General Services Section/Administration Services, Registry, Arusha Branch, under the supervision of the Property Management Assistant, and overall guidance of the General Services Officer.
Appointment of the successful candidate to this position will be subject to budgetary approval.
• Conduct receiving and inspection process of incoming shipment and post results through Umoja goods receipt
• Carry out data maintenance and enrichment of the property in Umoja.
• Ensure recognition and capitalization of property in accordance with
• Based on established criteria and in coordination with the Unit Supervisor, determine appropriate disposal action for equipment, trade-in, donation or retirement and assist with the physical disposal activities of written off property by collaborating in the sale of non-expendable property declared surplus or unserviceable and in the destruction of
• Maintain records of all UN property approved for sales, trade-ins, donations, destructions and write-offs.
• Participate in the physical inventory verifications (PV) of property, plants and equipment. Ensure physical verification is conducted and PV results uploaded in Umoja in accordance with the guidelines.
• Produce PV discrepancies report, liaise with Self Accounting Unitsfor reconciliation and update of records in Umoja relative
• Assist in preparation of reconciliation reports, quarterly reports, IPSAS closing of accounts for property and provide data for insurance purposes.
• Assist Supervisor in training staff members and explaining work procedures, practices or
• Act as back up Supervisor and focal point on matters relating to property
• Assist in GSS warehouse management, receive authorized on-line requisitions for stock issuance, verify the requisitions and ensure that supplies are issued to requesting offices/sections as per approved requisitions.
• Assist in checking out and signing off Clearance Certificates of departing
• Perform other work-related duties as assigned.
• Professionalism: Shows pride in work and in achievements. Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results. Is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns. Shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges. Remains calm in stressful situations. Commitment to implementing the goal of gender equality by ensuring the equal participation and full involvement of women and men in all aspects of work.
• Teamwork – Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organisational goals. Solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others. Places team agenda before personal agenda. Supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position. Shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
• Planning and Organising – Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies. Identifies priority activities and assignments, adjusts priorities as Allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work.
Foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning. Monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary. Uses time efficiently.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
Experience: A minimum of three (3) years of relevant working experience in administration, asset management, supply, warehousing and inventory control or related area is required. Knowledge of IPSAS requirements in relation to property and equipment, ability to organize and summarize data and information required for a variety of reports, ability to maintain and operate management control systems for assets and materials, a good command of Microsoft Excel and transactional Umoja/SAP experience may be advantages.
Language: English and French are the working languages of the Mechanism. or the post advertised, fluency in oral and written English is required.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
NOTE FOR INTERNAL CANDIDATES:
• Staff at the G-3 and G-4 level are eligible to
• Interested staff members must complete the UN Personal History Profile (PHP) form obtainable via personal inspira accounts (in PDF format) or the IRMCT website. Please submit all documents including the PHP, a cover letter, and the last two e- PAS’s to the [email protected] in-box. Please indicate the job opening number in the subject
• Once received, a list of candidates who meet the requirements of the post will be sent to the supervisor, who will prepare a written comparative analysis of the candidates and recommend a candidate for the position. Please note that only short listed candidate(s) will be informed of the outcome.
• Applicants may have to sit the United Nations Global General Services Test (GGST) as per information circular ICTY/IC/2004/49 of 2 September 2004.
NOTE FOR EXTERNAL CANDIDATES:
• External applicants must complete the UN Personal History Profile (PHP) form obtainable from the IRMCT website ( www.irmct.org ) and forward electronically along with a cover letter to the [email protected] in-box. Please indicate the job opening number in the subject
Please note, CVs cannot be accepted.
• Once received, a list of candidates who meet the requirements of the post will be sent to the supervisor, who will prepare a written comparative analysis of the candidates and recommend a candidate for the position. Please note that only short listed candidate(s) will be informed of the
• Applicants may have to sit the United Nations Global General Services Test (GGST) as per information circular ICTY/IC/2004/49 of 2 September 2004. Candidates who have passed the GGST or ASAT must provide evidence when submitting their application.
• The appointment of the successful candidate will be on a local
NOTE FOR PREVIOUSLY ROSTERED CANDIDATES
Roster candidates must express their interest and availability for published job openings by submitting an updated PHP and cover letter.
PLEASE NOTE THAT APPLICATIONS RECEIVED AFTER THE DEADLINE AT MIDNIGHT (THE HAGUE TIME) ON THE CLOSING DATE WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. ONLY THE SELECTED CANDIDATE WILL BE NOTIFIED OF THE OUTCOME.