ITM TANZANIA LTD is hiring
POSITION: OPERATIONS MANAGER
Operation Manager directly manages works and interaction of the employees and support group. With a focus on safety, compliance, efficient operation, and customer service, the Operations Manager oversees all daily functions within a specific location.
Bachelor's degree in Operations Management or any related field.
A minimum of 2 years' experience in Management, operations, and leadership. A tourism background is added advantage.
- Supporting all functions of the business to work together.
- Communicating changes in an order process to relevant parties. Managing stock control and inventory check.
- Develop, implement, and review operational policies and procedures. Help promote a company culture that encourages top performance and high morale.
- Ensure all legal and regulatory documents are filed and monitor compliance with regulations. Identify and address problems and opportunities of the company.
- Build and maintain alliances and partnership with other organization.
- Support workers communication with the management team.
- Oversee budgeting, reporting, planning, and auditing.
- Make important policy, planning, and strategy decision.
- Work with the board of directors to determine values and mission, and plan for short- and long-term goals.
- Build, promote and sustain the organization's safety and compliance culture
- Oversee all aspects of location operations and support (facilities, equipment, processes).
- Provide daily direction to support group managers and employees.
- Prepare annual operating budget process (assets, operations, and staffing) with collaboration from the Sales Department, including capital expense requests.
- Forecast and order company's needs and requirements for fertilizer, crop protection, and seed products.
- ensure fertilizer manufacturing/blending is cordinated with locations sales nees and compliance with regulatory agencies and industry standards
- ensure appropriate inventory controls are in place an routine cycles counts are conducated.
- execution of processes across all operational functions to attain operational excellence including assets management, agronomy risks prevention and property, plant and equipment oversight.
- set department and individual goals and objectives that are aligned with the division plan.
Key Competencies required
1. Understanding general finance and budgeting, including profit and loss, Balance sheet, and cash flow management
2. Ability to lead a broad and diverse group of people. Key skills for this are: listening, ability to influence, managerial courage, and working through process.
3. Ability to thrive in a matrix management type of environment by working with sales, finance, human resources, etc
4. Attention to detail and accurate in communications and documentation
5. Good interpersonal and team-building skills with a positive attitude.
6. Ability to establish relationships with location personnel, peers and customers.
7. Understand and maintain confidentiality.
8. Skill in managing multiple initiatives and projects simultaneously
9. Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize and make data-driven decisions.
10. Ability to provide good directions and relation to department managers and supervisors.
Send your CV & Cover letter to [email protected]
For inquiries: 0766 261 252