MI & Analytics Manager
Jobs at:Exim Bank
Deadline of this Job:
31 March 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, March 29, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Exim Bank is a locally established, privately owned commercial bank. Operations began in August 1997 following the liberalization of the banking and financial sector in Tanzania. The Bank broke even within its first 5 months of operations. .
Purpose of Job
• The Manager MI & Analytic plays a crucial role in Business Performance and Planning, has the responsibility of providing daily accurate information on business direction, relevant management information (MI) and analysis of Business data both financial and non-financial to Retail Team to support business in improvement plans and decision making
• Tracking, monitoring, analyzing, and reviewing progress against targets and making recommendations to management committees as may be required.
• Supports in developing the retail banking strategy through provision of insightful strategic analysis on financial performance trends, sales productivity analysis, co-ordination of periodic commentaries from function/division heads, economic analysis and such other relevant macro trend analysis.
• Coordinates compilation for the retail segment financial plans/budgets including analytical support of the budget drivers and processes of the plans for the specific Consumer businesses in connection with the budget owners.
• Manages the retail banking segment budgets and financial performance including Income, Cost and Balance Sheet streams highlighting material variances and reporting regularly to the Retail Director, with recommendations for timely strategic actions.
• Analyze monthly P&L reports from finance to identify any anomality’s and income leakages.
• Upload Sales staffs Training Marks, Sales Code and Products responsible for sales in the system.
• Prepare and circulate all in country Retail daily MIS with appropriate commentaries to all stake holders
• Supports the functional and segment managers on designing and managing business processes that minimizes income leakages and assist in reviewing business processes to achieve efficiency and cost effectiveness.
• Assist Head Product & Revenue assurance to provide accurate and timely analysis of the Retail business performance, aimed at identifying root causes of variances to budgets and forecasts.
• Maintain a clear and objective view of business performance through accurate monthly flash/ forecast, (Dashboards)
• To have regularly contact with Head Products & Revenue Assurance, Finance team, Human Resource Department, Heads of Functions in retail Banking, Credit Team, Information Technology function etc.
Job Skills : Not Specified
Qualification, Experience and Skills
• Bachelor’s degree in business/economic studies or any related degree
• Masters’ degree will be added advantage
• At least 3 years’ experience in related field
• Have a broad knowledge of Consumer products, Sales Management processes, cross function management structures, financial planning and a believer in strict budget and performance monitoring discipline.
• Excellent numeric skills including meticulous attention to detail
• Computer literacy specifically high competency in Excel spreadsheets.
• Strong analytical and diagnostic skills
• Good numerical skills for calculation of statistics, figures and targets
• Strong business planning and financial management skills
• Ability to work to tight deadlines without compromising accuracy
• Understanding of the domestic economic and industry trends
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
Please send your application to [email protected]