Market Development Executives-Regions
Jobs at:Mwananchi Communications Limited
Deadline of this Job:
10 May 2020
Within Nigeria , Dar es Salaam , West Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, April 29, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Mwananchi Communications Limited publishers of leading Tanzania newspapers, Mwananchi, Mwanaspoti, and The Citizen and its various online and digital products are looking for motivated and highly experienced individual to fill the position of: .
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following key result areas:
• Promotes and coordinates sale and distribution of newspapers in areas served by franchised wholesale distributors: Surveys urban and suburban areas to determine newspaper sales potential, using statistical tables, and recommends new outlets and locations for newsstands, street sale racks and
• Schedules delivery and distribution of newspapers and regulates size of orders to maintain maximum sales with minimum return levels.
• Open new Sales Channels to improve copy sales supported by Sales initiatives as push factors
• Evaluates Distributor and vendor sales performance daily and assists them through sales promotion and training programs.
• Inspects routes to ensure prompt and regular delivery of newspapers to distributors, Vendors, Homes & Offices.
• Distributes and explains circulation instructions and changes to distributors and Vendors, and investigates and resolves distributor and Vendor complaints.
• Investigates delinquent accounts and makes collections
• Ensures the visibility of MCL brands in your respective markets.
• Instructs Vendors, drivers, distributors on sales techniques to improve sales.
• Lays out home and office delivery routes and organizes carrier crews.
• Analyses sales statistics to assist management in circulation planning.
• Reports on sales, activities of competitors and reader feedback
• Writes promotional bulletins to notify dealers and carriers of special sales promotions and offers.
• Arranges for sale of newspapers at special events and sale of special issues and editions in case of important news breaks and events.
Job Skills: Not Specified
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
• University Degree in Business related field
• At least 2 to 3 years working experience.
• Excellent communication skills, computer knowledge, and familiarity with brands.
• Relationship builder, problem solving skills and ability to work with people of varied background are highly valued.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified candidates should apply online via our career portal https://careers.mcl.co.tz by May 10, 2020